S750 and a few questions

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
Post Reply
hossegor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:35 pm

S750 and a few questions

Post by hossegor »

hi,

i woult like to try the hxc floppy emulator for my roland s750.

my qestion is :

if i download the library and os disk from the sgroup page, how can i convert it to hxc format ?

do i need to change any settings for it to work with my s750.

thanx

marc

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7257
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by Jeff »

hossegor wrote:hi,

i woult like to try the hxc floppy emulator for my roland s750.

my qestion is :

if i download the library and os disk from the sgroup page, how can i convert it to hxc format ?

do i need to change any settings for it to work with my s750.

thanx

marc
This is probably a shugart floppy disk drive (as many others keyboard/samplers)

What is the sgroup page's file images format ?

hossegor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by hossegor »

hi jeff,

thanx for the quick reply.

in this link you can download some sounds from the s-750/770 library.

http://www.generalconcepts.com/sgroup/a ... land/S770/

how could i convert these sounds so i can read the with my hxc emulator ?

regards


marc

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7257
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by Jeff »

hossegor wrote:hi jeff,

thanx for the quick reply.

in this link you can download some sounds from the s-750/770 library.

http://www.generalconcepts.com/sgroup/a ... land/S770/

how could i convert these sounds so i can read the with my hxc emulator ?

regards


marc
You have to change the .out file extension to .img. After this you can convert them with the hxc floppy emulator software.

That's all.

hossegor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by hossegor »

thank you Jeff :)

i will test it tonight.

Marc

hossegor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by hossegor »

ok i copied the image files and cfg on the drive, but it does not seem to load the OS. it beeps once but then it stays quiet,
the best shot was when i used jumper 1.

could you tell me which jumper setting could work ?

right now i have the default settings...

here is a pic on the setting that are on the factory floppy :

http://picpaste.com/Foto2-A8MVMvyp.JPG

http://picpaste.com/Foto-3sLryLLF.JPG

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7257
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by Jeff »

hossegor wrote:ok i copied the image files and cfg on the drive, but it does not seem to load the OS. it beeps once but then it stays quiet,
the best shot was when i used jumper 1.

could you tell me which jumper setting could work ?

right now i have the default settings...

here is a pic on the setting that are on the factory floppy :

http://picpaste.com/Foto2-A8MVMvyp.JPG

http://picpaste.com/Foto-3sLryLLF.JPG

Change the setting to Shugart and reconvert the files.
Image2.gif
Image2.gif (12.53 KiB) Viewed 8230 times

12bitski
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by 12bitski »

hi hossegor or someone else,

could you describe, what exactly you did, to make the hxc work on the S750.

I couldn´t get it to work. :(

I tried shugart mode, pc 1.4 mb....., but no result.

the 750 here is just kind of reading track 0 and 1 repeatedly


thanks :)

12bitski
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by 12bitski »

OK, this is how you get the HxC working with the Roland S750/S770 (Thanks Jeff for the research and the effort)

To get a working image for the HxC , you can dump a Roland Floppydisk with the HxC software on a PC.

Important, when you export the dumped disk are the emulator settings. but instead of "shugart" it you need to choose IBM PC 1.44MB or IBM PC 720KB, dependent on the desity of the dumped floppydisk.

You can also use the Images from the S-Group Site linked before. Change the extensions (.OUT, .SDK) to ".IMG" and batch convert the files into .HFE

Here it´s also important to choose the right settings when you convert the .IMG files to .HFE .

Switch on your Sampler.

Go to the HxC hardware and check if "Interface CFG" is set to "From HFE File" (to get there hold middle button)

Insert the SD card and select a Roland S750/S770 Systemdisk.

If the Systemdisk is loaded, you´re fine. Then it works already.

If it still doesn´t work, you will need to add two resistors to line 2 and 34. This can be done on the board of the HxC .

Add two resistors to R11 and R16.

Resistors between 1kΩ to 2,2kΩ should be fine (Jeff said) .

If you still don´t get it to work try again and check all steps again.

selofanband
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by selofanband »

Hi guys I had an hxc floppy emulator
ribbon red is inside close to the power supply power is ok
resistors added 1,8 k to floppy r11 - r16
images are ok
Have OS as DSKA0000.hfe
and it opening RA and doesn't load the OS
what
I made wrong?
its writing please change disk

can you please advice?

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7257
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: S750 and a few questions

Post by Jeff »

selofanband wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:38 pm
Hi guys I had an hxc floppy emulator
ribbon red is inside close to the power supply power is ok
resistors added 1,8 k to floppy r11 - r16
images are ok
Have OS as DSKA0000.hfe
and it opening RA and doesn't load the OS
what
I made wrong?
its writing please change disk

can you please advice?
Have you used the quick install images ? :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... Images.zip

Post Reply