HxC Floppy Drive Emulator and Roland W-30

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC Floppy Drive Emulator and Roland W-30

Post by Jeff »

lencenhos wrote:Hello;
My advice? Great great and amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!
SD Card HxC Floppy Emulator is the solution!!!
I just want you to solve the problem concerning:
1) The file AUTOBOOT.HFE got from Amiga, Atari does not allow me to get into the disks sound W-30. I mean that you can not see the files in disks image or load them from the Keyboard or the Emulator! Can you give me AUTOBOOT for W.30? So I can not get into the disks to choose sounds.
2) Another problem is the file HXCSDFE; it does not change the behavior of the Emulator as expected! Can you provide a W-30's HXCSDFE file?
At this step I can say that : I boot very well my W-30 but I can not load other sounds from disks!
All I say here is according with the following paragraph in User Manuel.
I don’t know if I am wrong but it is my observation at this step!!
Reagards!!
There are no autoboot.hfe for the W30, and i think that you don't need it ;)
Just disable the autoboot mode.

Attached the default config file to use!
Attachments
HXCSDFE.zip
(176 Bytes) Downloaded 902 times

Berry

Post by Berry »

I guess we have to created a library with W30 sample disks now… i can offer space and access for archival usage.

Once a description on the floppy media conversion is available i can convert the W-30 floppies that i own.

lencenhos

Post by lencenhos »

Hello Everyone;
With my Emulator, I can load from the SD Card many sounds without problem. But when I try to load sounds and songs comprised in the DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3 for W-30 from SD Card, I get the following message: Insert Disk! What can I do to load them?
Regards!
Leon

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

lencenhos wrote:Hello Everyone;
With my Emulator, I can load from the SD Card many sounds without problem. But when I try to load sounds and songs comprised in the DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3 for W-30 from SD Card, I get the following message: Insert Disk! What can I do to load them?
Regards!
Leon
mhh i don't understand. What is working and what isn't working?

lencenhos

Post by lencenhos »

Hi Jeff;
My main idea is to get written another user manuel which can replace the old w-30 user manuel. Everyone can easily constat that whith this new technology (Emulator) some chapters must be changed! Then we could totally try to describe the behavior of the Emulator on the Roland W-30 getting in mind that the floppy disk is out today!

Concerning my last mail; I have constated that the Emulator does not load the songs and sounds contained in the DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3. I know that there are some songs and sounds in the DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3 but when it comes to load images of these disks from the SD Card, you are asked to insert Disk system! So I don't know how to load them!!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

lencenhos wrote:Hi Jeff;
My main idea is to get written another user manuel which can replace the old w-30 user manuel. Everyone can easily constat that whith this new technology (Emulator) some chapters must be changed! Then we could totally try to describe the behavior of the Emulator on the Roland W-30 getting in mind that the floppy disk is out today!

Concerning my last mail; I have constated that the Emulator does not load the songs and sounds contained in the DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3. I know that there are some songs and sounds in the DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3 but when it comes to load images of these disks from the SD Card, you are asked to insert Disk system! So I don't know how to load them!!
I still don't understand. What is "DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3 " ?

lencenhos

Post by lencenhos »

Normally when you purchase a Roland W-30, it comes with 4 disks. The first is the System Disk which, once loaded, lets you getting the keyboard working. The other 3 ones get sounds and songs. You can find them with this link:
http://gamelay.usami.com/~netboy/w30/si ... disks.html
But I constat that : although you get their images exported to W-30DISK1_W30.hfe, W-30DISK_W30.hfe and W-30DISK3_W30.hfe and stored in the SD Card, when you try to get their images loaded in the memory of the Roland W-30, the "insert disk's" message is showen!
Then I don't know how to load the content of these disks in the Roland W-30.
Soonest!!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

lencenhos wrote:Normally when you purchase a Roland W-30, it comes with 4 disks. The first is the System Disk which, once loaded, lets you getting the keyboard working. The other 3 ones get sounds and songs. You can find them with this link:
But I constat that : although you get their images exported to W-30DISK1_W30.hfe, W-30DISK_W30.hfe and W-30DISK3_W30.hfe and stored in the SD Card, when you try to get their images loaded in the memory of the Roland W-30, the "insert disk's" message is showen!
Then I don't know how to load the content of these disks in the Roland W-30.
Soonest!!
What is your jumper setting ?

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

Jeff wrote:
lencenhos wrote:this is the link to get all images for W-30
I want to boot my W-30 with the file W30SYST.W30 but the conversion is impossoble.
All images with ".W30" are not supported for conversion. How to get them converted? The whole serie concerns also the sounds disks : W30Disk1, W30Disk2, W30Disk3!
i have just added the W30 support :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... t_beta.zip

Have fun !
So is this the boot disk image that needs to be loaded on the SD card upon the W30 powering up?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

banksy76 wrote:
Jeff wrote:
lencenhos wrote:this is the link to get all images for W-30
I want to boot my W-30 with the file W30SYST.W30 but the conversion is impossoble.
All images with ".W30" are not supported for conversion. How to get them converted? The whole serie concerns also the sounds disks : W30Disk1, W30Disk2, W30Disk3!
i have just added the W30 support :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... t_beta.zip

Have fun !
So is this the boot disk image that needs to be loaded on the SD card upon the W30 powering up?
yes why?

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

I couldn't get my W30 to boot with this file, so just wanted to check. I shall try again.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

banksy76 wrote:I couldn't get my W30 to boot with this file, so just wanted to check. I shall try again.
Yes retry, to check that your floppy emulator still working ;)

This one should be ok :
http://gamelay.usami.com/~netboy/w30/si ... /w30hd.zip

just change the .OUT to .W30 before convert it.

mgogro

Post by mgogro »

Hi jeff, I purchase an HxC SDcard floppy emulator rev F; to use with Rloland W30 and now we want to know:
1-The right jumper setting (my emulator come with dip switches)
2-The right HXCSDFE.CFG file ( there are multiple files in the downoads I did from the HxC site)
3-The right extension file images for the W30 system disk and sound disks , I saw above in the forum that *.w30 is right but I have also *.sys and *.sdk (from smfw30 software utility) , so are this right too?.-
Thanks in advance.-

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mgogro wrote:Hi jeff, I purchase an HxC SDcard floppy emulator rev F; to use with Rloland W30 and now we want to know:
1-The right jumper setting (my emulator come with dip switches)
2-The right HXCSDFE.CFG file ( there are multiple files in the downoads I did from the HxC site)
3-The right extension file images for the W30 system disk and sound disks , I saw above in the forum that *.w30 is right but I have also *.sys and *.sdk (from smfw30 software utility) , so are this right too?.-
Thanks in advance.-
1-ID0-A
2- Anyone is ok
3- You can download some images there : http://gamelay.usami.com/~netboy/w30/si ... disks.html

mgogro

Post by mgogro »

Ok, Jeff. In the files downloaded from that site there are also files *.S50 and *.out that the HxC emulator software doesn´t recognice ( give an error file input). So is the solution to change the extension to *.w30?
Thank you.-