SD Floppy Emulator and EXR-7

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
DSN1980_DK

SD Floppy Emulator and EXR-7

Post by DSN1980_DK »

A couple of months ago I purchased the »SD FS SLIM Floppy Emulator SLIM - 34 pin connector - CASED 3,5”« and installed it in my Roland EXR-7 but I can’t get it to work.

I have two 16 GB FAT32 formatted SD cards and I’ve created 3.5” 1.44 MB disk images with the HXC Floppy Emulator Software (MacOS Sierra 10.12.5).

On one of the cards I’ve placed Style images and MIDI images on the other one.
I’ve used the indexed mode config file and named the images “DSKA0000.HFE”, “DSKA0001.HFE” and so on.

When I insert a card in the emulator and when I press the button to load the next image I get a number of shortly beep sounds matching the number of the disk image loaded. With the MIDI card I can see the file names from DSKA0000.HFE no matter which image loaded but I can’t load any files. With the Style card I get the »No Files« message. If I want to format the disk or backup User Programs I get the »Disk Err« message.

I think it might be a config file problem or a firmware problem. I’ve tried both v2.1.2.40 and the beta firmware v2.1.6.14A.

Can anyone please help me make the emulator working with EXR-7? Maybe I could get a copy of a working EXR-7 config file? That would be really great!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD Floppy Emulator and EXR-7

Post by Jeff »

What is a "Style Card" ?

If i understand you can read the file present into the image ?

What is the old disk drive model ?

DSN1980_DK

Post by DSN1980_DK »

The original disk drive was a Panasonic JU-257A167P.

"Style card" is the SD card with Style files (.STH) placed into the images. And "MIDI card" is the one with MIDI files placed into the images.

When I use the MIDI card the filenames within DSKA0000.HFE are showed in the display of EXR-7. But when I press the "Yes"-button to load a MIDI file nothing happens.

When I use the Style card the error message »No files« is displayed. Same config file on both cards.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

How did you generate the HFE files ?

DSN1980_DK

Post by DSN1980_DK »

Like I wrote in my first topic I've used the Mac version of the HXC Floppy Emulator Software:

Image Image

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mhhh ".midi". shouldn't be ".mid" ?

Is the Roland EXR-7 supporting long name ?

DSN1980_DK

Post by DSN1980_DK »

.midi or .mid doesn't matter. I've tried renaming once and there was no difference.
I can transfer both Style and MIDI files by USB using my Surface RT tablet (latest Mac version supported by EXR-7 is OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion).
And both are working this way.

It would be much easier if I could use the SD Floppy Emulator!
In the config file I've disabled "2 drives emulation".
And I've tried all available Drive A modes except "Custom".
If it's a custom Pin 2 and Pin 34 setting any ideas which would be the most obvious to try?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DSN1980_DK wrote:.midi or .mid doesn't matter. I've tried renaming once and there was no difference.
It may matter. Some computers/instruments doesn't support the long name. When was designed the EXR-7 ? After or before 1995 ?

Send me the images, i will regenerate them.

https://hxc2001.com/img/email.jpg