Roland S-50

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
jerry62

Roland S-50

Post by jerry62 »

Will the SD card emulator version with the full face plate with LED and buttons properly fit the S50 floppy drive slot, or do you need one without the face plate?
My floppy drive works, I'm just interested in the prospect of not needing all those floppies anymore. I haven't play the thing in years, but I'm considering reviving it.

Are there multiple places to obtain this with US dollars?

Also interested if anyone knows an ideal place for obtaining a proper case for the S-50 (not necessarily a flight case, but preferably hard). Thanks!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Roland S-50

Post by Jeff »

jerry62 wrote:Will the SD card emulator version with the full face plate with LED and buttons properly fit the S50 floppy drive slot, or do you need one without the face plate?
My floppy drive works, I'm just interested in the prospect of not needing all those floppies anymore. I haven't play the thing in years, but I'm considering reviving it.
This version is fine : http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=42
jerry62 wrote: Are there multiple places to obtain this with US dollars?
All is there : https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... ALESPOINTS
jerry62 wrote: Also interested if anyone knows an ideal place for obtaining a proper case for the S-50 (not necessarily a flight case, but preferably hard). Thanks!
Sorry but i don't understand.

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

Hey Jeff,
Still enjoying my HXC on a number of keyboards and samplers. I had a spare HXC and just picked up a Roland S-50. Do you have the software/formatting available for this keyboard?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

iheartbeets wrote:Hey Jeff,
Still enjoying my HXC on a number of keyboards and samplers. I had a spare HXC and just picked up a Roland S-50. Do you have the software/formatting available for this keyboard?
yes but nothing special is needed. just format an image and your are ready.

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

Jeff wrote:
Any chance you could post links to the quick install files I need? I'm not sure if the jumper settings are the problem or what but I can't seem to get the machine to load the .hfe version of the OS. Since I do this so rarely I seem to forget what's required every time.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

iheartbeets wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Any chance you could post links to the quick install files I need? I'm not sure if the jumper settings are the problem or what but I can't seem to get the machine to load the .hfe version of the OS. Since I do this so rarely I seem to forget what's required every time.
have you the os file/image ?

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

Jeff wrote:
have you the os file/image ?
http://www.sgroup.ca/archive/os/S50/

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

I believe it is the .HQX file although, I'm unfamiliar with that file type. Everyone else seems to say that the file type is .out

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

Here are 2 other .img files. I changed the .out extension to .img per instructions I found on the forum. I am not sure which is the OS.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m51ct ... 50SU20.img
http://www.mediafire.com/download/171pr ... 0SY505.img

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Try the images present into your email box.

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

I flipped the data cable just to try and it blew a fuse so I am waiting for new fuses to arrive. I'll report back when the fuses arrive. Thanks for sending the files Jeff!

iheartbeets

Post by iheartbeets »

Okay, so the 50SU20.img file is the correct operating system. It loads perfectly. :D I then used Sdisk from Roland's site to convert all the floppies I had to .s50 files. I used the HXC Floppy Emulator software to batch convert all of the files and I am able to load them into the machine and play them. Pretty cool. I guess next is going to be looking at a solution for my MPC 2000xl and a better solution for the MPC 3000.