Roland Atelier at90s organ

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
Fchazz

Roland Atelier at90s organ

Post by Fchazz »

Has anyone on here had success with installing a gotech into a Roland Atelier at90s organ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Roland Atelier at90s organ

Post by Jeff »

Fchazz wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:20 pm
Has anyone on here had success with installing a gotech into a Roland Atelier at90s organ?
SD HxC and Gotek HxC floppy emulator drives work with the Roland Atelier at90s.

Fchazz

Post by Fchazz »

I have installed a gotek with HxC bootloader and firmware. The jumper is on S1. The organ can read from the stick just fine. When I try to save a set of registrations to a blank floppy image I get "unknown disk". When I try to have the organ reformat one of the blank floppies, I get "disk ejected".
Any suggestions?

Fchazz

Post by Fchazz »

Solved, thanks Jean-François.

SimplePuss

Re: Roland Atelier at80s organ

Post by SimplePuss »

I have a Roland Atelier 80S and also want to replace its FD drive with a Gotek. Could you let me know what model and firmware configuration you used? Your help would be appreciated.

JCote

Post by JCote »

Hi, I have the same setup and my drive and organ cannot read the HFE files... Any suggestions? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I know that it read a midi file and a Roland registration file but no idea how to read the HFE file.
Thanks!!!!

SimplePuss

Re: Roland Atelier at80s organ

Post by SimplePuss »

SimplePuss wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:05 pm
I have a Roland Atelier 80S and also want to replace its FD drive with a Gotek. Could you let me know what model and firmware configuration you used? Your help would be appreciated.
I have managed to get the Gotek functioning correctly, and which should work in my Roland AT80.

SimplePuss

Post by SimplePuss »

JCote wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:56 pm
Hi, I have the same setup and my drive and organ cannot read the HFE files... Any suggestions? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I know that it read a midi file and a Roland registration file but no idea how to read the HFE file.
Thanks!!!!
The MIDI and Registration files (or any file) are saved onto a virtual disk which are what the HFE files are. Just think of each HFE file on the USB stick as being a formatted floppy disk.

However, I may be able to help, but need I a couple of days to gather all the information you would require. This applies to the SFR1M44-U100K GoTek 1.44MB USB SSD Floppy Drive Emulator with OLED display, Rotary knob and loudspeaker. Aside, have you bought the firmware from HxC?

JCote

Post by JCote »

Hi, thank you! Actually, I am looking at buying that exact drive. The one I have is the SFRC922D.

I don't think it can be updated as far as I have researched. Maybe it's worth it just to swap it out?

SimplePuss

Post by SimplePuss »

I think you may be looking at the number printed at the corner of the Printed Circuit Board, which is the same as mine, therefore should work with the appropriate firmware update. The model I am using is listed as the SFR1M44-U100K GoTek 1.44MB USB SSD Floppy Drive Emulator. What Gotek did you actually buy? See http://www.gotekemulator.com/P_view.asp?pid=55