PC/MAC Mount .HFE Image from Akai S950 ?

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
absiv

PC/MAC Mount .HFE Image from Akai S950 ?

Post by absiv »

Hi,

I'm new to the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator game. I've done a lot of searching over the last couple days but I cant seem to figure out how to simply mount a .HFE image that contains saved samples and programs that I've created on my Akai S950. Basically I'm just trying to take those samples/programs that reside on the .HFE image and open them primarily on a windows 10 machine so I can then transfer them to my mpc 3000/4000
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated :-)

-absiv

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: PC/MAC Mount .HFE Image from Akai S950 ?

Post by Jeff »

absiv wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:23 pm
Hi,

I'm new to the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator game. I've done a lot of searching over the last couple days but I cant seem to figure out how to simply mount a .HFE image that contains saved samples and programs that I've created on my Akai S950. Basically I'm just trying to take those samples/programs that reside on the .HFE image and open them primarily on a windows 10 machine so I can then transfer them to my mpc 3000/4000
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated :-)

-absiv
i think that awave studio is able to browse Akai floppy disk images.
you probably need to convert the hfe to img (raw) files using the hxc software.

absiv

Re: PC/MAC Mount .HFE Image from Akai S950 ?

Post by absiv »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to me. That worked ! well almost :-) You then have to then change the file extension from .img to .akai and Awave Studio can browse the image . Very cool, I'm surprised more people don't want to be able to get their samples off a .hfe image to use elsewhere. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it definitely eluded me. Much appreciated I can get back to music now.