Akai s900 load os4 on switch on

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
rothers

Akai s900 load os4 on switch on

Post by rothers »

Hi I've seen vids of flash floppy loading the akai s900 os4 on power up automatically, however with hxc firmware 4.3 I can't seem to get it to load it automatically. I've modified the cfg file to start the startupa. HFE which is the renamed os4. This appears on the hxc when I power up the akai, but I still have to press disc and load each time. Anyone got it to load automatically without having to press dusc and load each time??

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Akai s900 load os4 on switch on

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

rename your hfe to startupa.hfe and set the corresponding option in the config file.

i have attached a config file with this feature enabled.
HXCSDFE.CFG.zip
(211 Bytes) Downloaded 72 times

rothers

Post by rothers »

Hi thanks Jeff , will give your cfg file a go.
Cheers chris

rothers

Post by rothers »

Just tried the cfg file, it does the same as before, brings up the startupa.HFE but still have to press disc and load on akai. Doesn't automatically boot like a floppy would

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

rothers wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:52 pm
Just tried the cfg file, it does the same as before, brings up the startupa.HFE but still have to press disc and load on akai. Doesn't automatically boot like a floppy would
Is the image loaded on the Gotek at power up ? what can you see on the gotek screen ?

rothers

Post by rothers »

I see the startupa. HFE on power up, which is the renamed akai os4 , I then have to press disc and enter button which loads it

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

rothers wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:00 pm
I see the startupa. HFE on power up, which is the renamed akai os4 , I then have to press disc and enter button which loads it
ok then this is odd.

try to use an older firmware or to build one with the "Non gated mode" option set : https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/
please also check that the jumper is set to "S0".

rothers

Post by rothers »

Thanks for the reply, I will check s0 setting and reflash with older firmware, currently it's back in a rack being used so will let u know on outcome soon, thanks again Chris.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

rothers wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:16 am
Thanks for the reply, I will check s0 setting and reflash with older firmware, currently it's back in a rack being used so will let u know on outcome soon, thanks again Chris.
I have just released the new v5 firmware with some important changes. You should try it first :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

(in the WIP_firmware folder)

rothers

Post by rothers »

Hi, had a look inside akai s0 jumper is in place, tried v5 from the wip folder and it's no different, I've got used to loading it from startup now any way lol put a little sticker to remind me, I had a go at building a non gated version, put my email address in but didn't get anything back

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

rothers wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:55 am
Hi, had a look inside akai s0 jumper is in place, tried v5 from the wip folder and it's no different, I've got used to loading it from startup now any way lol put a little sticker to remind me, I had a go at building a non gated version, put my email address in but didn't get anything back
Are you sure you have updated the firmware (the firmware version should be printed on the oled screen)

can you share the hfe file you are using ?