Help with Akai gotek conversion

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
vintiquenordians

Help with Akai gotek conversion

Post by vintiquenordians »

I have a few pieces of Akai gear, 2 akai s2000 samplers, an s3000xl, a cd3000xl, and an mpc2000xl. I have been trying to move away from floppy drives as the price of disks (no new ones are being made as i know it) is sky high.

I have tried to install the 7 segment display hxc usb floppy emulator on the s2000 samplers, and the cd3000xl without complete success. The boot disk does not load everytime and usually the s2000 takes about 20 tries or more to "find" the emulated floppy. This is after trying to update the firmware and trying different jumper settings.

I have looked through the forums and read the most helpful posts and still have not been able to get the hxc Oled or 7 segment led drives to work well.

I have used the gotek on the mpc and have a similar issue, if i try and load a floppy image, i have to scroll through the loaded floppies on the usb and refresh the file by rotating the rotary encoder on the MPC to try and get the system to see the file. It usually takes about 20 tries.

I have read through countless posts on this forum in the akai section and have been reffered to install, purchase, connect, download and format, all to the same result. Either the firmware wont update, the device isnt seen or the file is in the wrong format or unrecognisable by the o.s.

Why the gotek usb drives dont work from new? I have paid for the official firmware but havent seen it yet. I have tried flashing from the usb drive with the update file and get a E01 code. I have no idea what that means. The drives i have in my use all say flashfloppy on the oled or hxc on the display but i am not having luck loading files onto or off these devices.

I have even taken 7 segment display goteks and even an eilasung floppy emulator and attempted to make the rotary encoder and oled modification only to nearly destroy a brand new 32gig usb memory stick and to find that the rotary encoder isnt working the way it should- it acts as a tact switch and wont "browse" the files on the drive. All up i have three drives with "factory" or pre installed Oled's, two i have attempted to install, one of those a failure, and a couple of standard 7 segment display goteks. I recently ordered a lothartek sd floppy emulator, 2 compact flash to ATAPI/IDE drives and a scsi2sd. Pretty sure i have wasted a whole bunch of money, but i am keen to regain some of my time back if i can get to the bottom of all of this file stuff.

At a loss, as what to do.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Help with Akai gotek conversion

Post by Jeff »

First you need to install the HxC bootloader and firmware :
https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... ation.html

vintiquenordians

Re: Help with Akai gotek conversion

Post by vintiquenordians »

hi JeFf!

the online resource you shared the link to did help me flash the artery equiped device. at the end of the article it states that there is needed a further step to verify the firmware via email, is that the link you emailed me yesterday?