S2000: Saving and loading discrepancies on display/USB

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
CGX II

S2000: Saving and loading discrepancies on display/USB

Post by CGX II »

Hello,

I bought one of these drives a couple of years ago for my Akai S2000, spent a while playing about with it but have just started using it again.

I'm trying to keep everything organised on my USB drive, but when I try and load samples I've put on there, it will show the names in the display, but doesn't seem to recognise that anything is there when I do 'Load All'. For example I select 'Drum_Track_01' from the HxC display, but when I go to load individual samples, my sampler LED doesn't show anything there.

On the other hand, if I make a new sample and save it, it won't show up on the display anywhere or on the actual USB when I put it in my PC, but it my sampler WILL recognise it and load it. E.G. I'll save a sample called 'Guitar_01' but it won't show up on the HxC display, but my sampler LED will see and load 'Guitar_01'.

I expect the issue of some of my previous samples not loading could be because I haven't set them up right, as the ones that came with the software work fine, but I don't understand why new sample saved directly from the sampler don't show up on the HxC display or in the USB when I plug it into the PC.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.