Akai S3200XL & Gotek (v3.4.16.10) no disk issue

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
Shaun

Akai S3200XL & Gotek (v3.4.16.10) no disk issue

Post by Shaun »

Hi all,

I have the Gotek fitted in an Akai S1000 with no issues and also I have the v3.4.16.10 fitted in an Akai S3200XL with this no disk issue. Firstly if I insert a working thumb, ie has the OS and config files, etc, the first time I hit load I get a "no disk" error then the second time the files appear... Which seems a little strange. If I use EMXP to create an S1000 image from some sound files and then and drop it to the thumb drive it will not read it - Do I need to convert the HFE from S1000? Or possibly use a diff program to EMXP? sorry bit of a noob

Is it possible I have the jumper settings wrong?

All advice would be apprieciated!
Shaun

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Akai S3200XL & Gotek (v3.4.16.10) no disk issue

Post by Jeff »

Shaun wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:16 am
Hi all,

I have the Gotek fitted in an Akai S1000 with no issues and also I have the v3.4.16.10 fitted in an Akai S3200XL with this no disk issue. Firstly if I insert a working thumb, ie has the OS and config files, etc, the first time I hit load I get a "no disk" error then the second time the files appear... Which seems a little strange. If I use EMXP to create an S1000 image from some sound files and then and drop it to the thumb drive it will not read it - Do I need to convert the HFE from S1000? Or possibly use a diff program to EMXP? sorry bit of a noob

Is it possible I have the jumper settings wrong?

All advice would be apprieciated!
Shaun
For the S3200XL you need to change the interface mode to ibm pc hd. Have you an oled screen on this gotek ?

Shaun

Re: Akai S3200XL & Gotek (v3.4.16.10) no disk issue

Post by Shaun »

Thanks so much Jeff, that is exactly what it was!!

For anyone reading with the same problem:

I did have the OLED version and pressed both buttons on the front to enter the menu. I changed 'system family' to AKAI and I changed 'interface CFG' to IBM PC HD (as suggested) and it's working like a dream