Will Akai Resistor Mod prevent the HxC from working in other samplers?

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
Diffrentstrolks

Will Akai Resistor Mod prevent the HxC from working in other samplers?

Post by Diffrentstrolks »

Hi all; new here, first (basic) question:

If I order an HxC REV F with Akai Resistor Mod for installation in my Akai S20, will this emulator still work properly in other samplers that don't require the resitor mod (Casio FZ-1 or Ensoniq Mirage, for example)? I'd like to be able to swap the drive around if the need arises until I can afford multiple emulators.

Thanks for the assistance; I hope to pay it forward some day in the future once I become more acquainted with this excellent product.

Worst_Poster

Re: Will Akai Resistor Mod prevent the HxC from working in other samplers?

Post by Worst_Poster »

I have this question too.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Will Akai Resistor Mod prevent the HxC from working in other samplers?

Post by Jeff »

Diffrentstrolks wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 am
Hi all; new here, first (basic) question:

If I order an HxC REV F with Akai Resistor Mod for installation in my Akai S20, will this emulator still work properly in other samplers that don't require the resitor mod (Casio FZ-1 or Ensoniq Mirage, for example)? I'd like to be able to swap the drive around if the need arises until I can afford multiple emulators.

Thanks for the assistance; I hope to pay it forward some day in the future once I become more acquainted with this excellent product.
No this will not cause any issue. And btw all new HxC Rev F have now this mod installed by default now.