S900+Gotek Issue

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
rew_

Re: S900+Gotek Issue

Post by rew_ »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:29 pm
So what you say it that the disk change is not detected ? the "4.0" is the os version ? Are you trying to load an os ?
I'm not sure. When the Gotek reads "000" I'm able to load the disk image, which is the 4.0 OS update.

When the Gotek reads any other number—"001" - "030", etc—I'm not able to load a disk image. The Akai doesn't seem to read any data on the disk image—the % is always 0—and pressing ENT produces no response whatsoever: no error message, no attempt to load a disk image. Nothing. This is the case regardless of whether I load disk image 000 or not.

I'm confused because I don't understand why I would be able to successfully load one image and not others.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ok, then i suppose that the others images aren't in the right format/interface mode for the akai s900. Which ones are you using ?

rew_

Post by rew_ »

Jeff wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:10 am
ok, then i suppose that the others images aren't in the right format/interface mode for the akai s900. Which ones are you using ?
I'm using the images from the SDHxCFE_Akai_S900 folder in the QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages package. I'm using the indexed config, which I have renamed to simply "HXCSDFE.CFG". All the images are in the root of the usb disk.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

rew_ wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:38 am
Jeff wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:10 am
I'm using the images from the SDHxCFE_Akai_S900 folder in the QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages package. I'm using the indexed config, which I have renamed to simply "HXCSDFE.CFG". All the images are in the root of the usb disk.
And what if you use the OS inside the S900 ? Regarding your issue i am not sure if this is really related to the emulator :|
I suppose that you have installed the last OS ? Maybe something was changed to be able to use PC drive ?

Anyway try to downgrade the firwmware to the v3.1.23.1a in the OLD_firmware folder, in case of there is some kind of regression in the recent firmwares :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

mstrpig

Post by mstrpig »

Hi, Having the following issue converting files to HFE format with the HXC V2.2.2.1 software for my GOTEK 3 digit display model. I've searched around extensively and couldnt find an answer elsewhere, hope I didnt miss it.
The HFE A0001 etc files work fine,I make make and save my own sample disks fine, but when I try to convert Disc Image files or AKAI files to HFE using the software, I load RAW image, (also tried load)- it reads fine within the software but then I try to export to "HFE file SD card HXC floppy emulator" format and it comes out as a file with the ".hfe", (dont know if the fact its not capital letter ".HFE" matters.) I rename it A0001, for example, and the Akai s900 says "Disk unprepared, you must format it).I tried using the other 4 HFE options in the menu on export, (rev.2,3, etc) and the same problem. Am I missing something? Any help would be much apreciated, been trying to sort this for ages.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Which akai have you?
Please share the img you trying to use + the non working hfe converted file.
(or send me them to hxc2001 at hxc2001 dot com)

EDIT : And also -> What can you read on the Gotek screen without any usb stick connected ?

Audiosensei

Post by Audiosensei »

I also have an issue to get it to work. My drive failed and i thought it would be an easy fix to replace it with a gotek.
- After installing i formatted a USB drive (32GB) to fat32.
- Copied the SDHxCFE_Akai_S900 files to the disk.
- Deleted the readme and HXCSDFE.CFG-normal, then renamed HXCSDFE.CFG-indexed to HXCSDFE.CFG
- When switching on the drive first reads 0.0.0 then 000
- Pressing disk menu results in DRIVE NOT MOUNTED........

I have tried 5 different UBS drives.
Keeping the 2 buttons pressed on power up results in codes U00, 126, F01 and an auto scroll from 000-998 and a reformat of the USB drive to FDISK000, a 1,44 Mb partion. And again pressing disk menu results in DRIVE NOT MOUNTED........

Installed the gotek with and without a reversed cable. Also tried jumper setting JC and none.

Anybody have any idea?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Your gotek is not flashed with the HxC firmware.
Please a have look to this :

https://hxc2001.com/store/

https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... ation.html

kraze

Post by kraze »

Hello. I've bought Gotek from ebay with HxC preinstalled

Replaced the floppy drive in my S900 with Gotek, formatted my 8 GB USB flash stick as FAT32, put files from that SDHxCFE_Akai_S900.zip archive onto it, selected the CFG file - and when starting up S900 gotek reads " 0_" then shows "000" - however upon pressing the 'disk' button a green diode lights up for 2 seconds on Gotek and then S900 throws a error message "OOPS! Disk not mounted....." - it's the same when I scroll through 000, 001, 002, 003.. etc - sometimes it also shows "E31" message on Gotek, which, as I take it, is some kind of error?

Upon pressing both buttons on start up I get "Upd" messaged followed by "USB" and then something like " 3" "25" and "E01"

What can be the problem and the solution?

kraze

Post by kraze »

OK, the problem was very predictable. Was doing the upgrade late at night so figures. When I was wiggling a Gotek to line up the screw holes - it displaced the ribbon cable, resulting in it not contacting half the pins. Pushing it firmly onto those seems to have resolved the issue.