Amiga 1200 with internal HxC

Post here your pictures / videos / review of the HxC Floppy Emulator.
metaneutrons

Amiga 1200 with internal HxC

Post by metaneutrons »

Hi folks,

I have installed the HxC in my A1200 including the display.

If you're interested in it and more pics have a look in my blog: http://metaneutrons.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... oject.html

Kind regards,
Fabian

Berry

Re: Amiga 1200 with internal HxC

Post by Berry »

This looks sweet... i am going to replicate this installation on my Amiga 1200 Custom.

Can you post some details pictures on the button relocation? Where did you arrange that frame?

Also i am interested in the jumper settings on the internal floppy drive as you put it to DF1:

Berry

metaneutrons

Post by metaneutrons »

Hi there,

the button relocation is done by using the internal J2 pin header of the emulator and a self soldered adapter. The pinout of J2 is in the manual of HxC. It's really easy. You find all pictures at https://picasaweb.google.com/1073598785 ... directlink

What frame are you talking about? The one for the display? This should be self-declaring if you take a look at the pictures. Otherwise just ask! ;)

The internal floppy is not working at the moment. I've jumpered it using the internal jumpers from DS0 to DS1 but this doesn't seem to work. I have to check this out. I'm planing to add some kind of switch; so you can use the internal floppy as DF0 or DF1. But I have to work this out, first.

Kind regards,
Fabian

Berry

Post by Berry »

Fabian,

I was aiming at the frame around to LCD to cover up your dremeling skills :-)

I must admit that this is the best implementation on an Amiga that i have seen so far. The SDCard slot is really smooth!

So 1000 X :D for you for sharing your mod!