ando aq6317b

snjung

ando aq6317b

Post by snjung »

I am trying to operate the Slim SD HxC Emulator as replacement for the floppy-drive of an Ando optical spectrum analyzer. The Device has a Teac FD-05HG floppy drive. According to the compatibility list it should work. However, I do experience problems.

With a SD-card containing the preconfigured files (From the HxCFloppyEmulator_DosDiskBrowser folder), I encounter an error when I try to read/write/format an emulated disk. Changing disks is correctly indicated by a number of beeps. When trying to write/format it fails reporting "No disk inserted".

I already added a 1k pullup resistor to R8 and updated the firmware to the recent beta version.
Are the issues related to the emulator hardware, to the SD-card and contents or both? I do have a floppy formated by the device but no PC with internal floppy drive available (just usb-connected floppy drive).

I should also mention, that I have ordered the wrong hardware-variant on lotharek (34 PIN instead of ZIF). However, I added an adapter 34PIN-ZIF so I assume that this is not causing any problems.

Best regards and thanks for any advice
Sebastian

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ando aq6317b

Post by Jeff »

snjung wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:11 pm
I should also mention, that I have ordered the wrong hardware-variant on lotharek (34 PIN instead of ZIF). However, I added an adapter 34PIN-ZIF so I assume that this is not causing any problems.
Some zif signals are not present on the 34 Pin connector so this may be the cause of the issue.
Have you the zif adapter schematic ?

snjung

Post by snjung »

Sorry the late response, the notification got stuck in my spam-folder.

I've taken a picture of the adapter and tested the PIN-layout (see attachements). In fact several Pins from the ZIF are not routed to the 34 PIN connector.
Is there a schematics, how the 34 Pin connector should be connected to the 26 PIN ZIF or is there a general incompatibility and I need another PCB?
FloppyAdapterPinConfiguration.png
FloppyAdapterPinConfiguration.png (104.75 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
FloppyAdapterPicture.png
FloppyAdapterPicture.png (181.55 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
Best Regards
Sebastian

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

See the page 16:

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... al_ENG.pdf

The pins 8,9 and 11 shouldn't be unconnected.
Try to set them at 0 or 5V.

snjung

Post by snjung »

Thank you for the hint! I will try an test if that works out.

Best Regards
Sebastian