Floppy only on read mode without USB plug in

sender8

Floppy only on read mode without USB plug in

Post by sender8 »

Hi, Im new here and I already have some problems, I change a FDD from a fuji cpu for a SMT pick and place production line for a floppy emulator, the cpu previously have a FD-235HF. When I connected the emulator (USB already in format for floppy) I need to format the floppy and prepare the disk to export data, every time that I do this with the USB plug in cause an error on the cpu, by pure chance I click on format the disk without the USB plug in and the green LED was lit so when the CPU starts to format the tracks stops on track 1, so I plug in the USB and the same error was having earlier appear right away.

I already try all the jumpers configuration possible but no luck, FD-235HF have the following jumpers DS1 (drive select 1) REN (Enable auto head recalibration) RY34 (ready signal output) IR (LED on when drive is selected) and HA (density set automatically with diskette). I actually try connecting the ribbon cable on the other way but have the same result. Hope anyone can help me! Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Floppy only on read mode without USB plug in

Post by Jeff »

Which floppy emulator have you ? What can you read on the emulator screen without any media/stick inserted ?