Yokogawa DL750 Oscilloscope with SDHxCFESlim

migui88

Yokogawa DL750 Oscilloscope with SDHxCFESlim

Post by migui88 »

Hi,

I tried to use the SDHxCFESlim to remove the old floppy drive of my DL750 but it doesn't work. The original floppy drive is a MITSUMI D353F3. I tried with the configuration of IBM HD but doesn't works... The oscilloscope doesn't recognize the device. Maybe I need to solder the pullup resistors in R4, R8 and R9?
ibm config.png
ibm config.png (28.65 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
Thank you!
Miguel

migui88

Re: Yokogawa DL750 Oscilloscope with SDHxCFESlim

Post by migui88 »

Hi again,

I solder the three 1k pull ups resistors in R4, R8 and R9 and nothing...

migui88

Post by migui88 »

I also tested the prebuilt images from the web "SDHxCFE_PC_1.44MB" both indexed and normal and it doesn't work...
I will test more things

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

migui88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:24 pm
I also tested the prebuilt images from the web "SDHxCFE_PC_1.44MB" both indexed and normal and it doesn't work...
I will test more things
Try to change the interface mode in the cfg file to IBM PC 720KB.

migui88

Post by migui88 »

Hi,

I tried some configurations but I didn't work... I attach the configurations and the HFE that I used to test it.

Thanks
Attachments
Test.zip
(125.12 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
DSKA0000.zip
(62.97 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

migui88

Post by migui88 »

Still not working...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

migui88 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:08 pm
Still not working...
Which error have you exactly ? Is the machine trying to read the disk ?

migui88

Post by migui88 »

Hi,

I has been in Holidays. The problem is that it is not detected by the oscilloscope. When I connect the original floppy drive i can read/write but when I change it for the SD adapter it is not recognized.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

migui88 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am
Hi,

I has been in Holidays. The problem is that it is not detected by the oscilloscope. When I connect the original floppy drive i can read/write but when I change it for the SD adapter it is not recognized.
"Not recognized" = "The oscilloscope don't see the drive" OR "The oscilloscope can't access to the virtual floppy disk." ?

CarlG

Post by CarlG »

Happy new year, first post here, I am having same struggle and I would like to know if it is neccessary to supply 5V to the PCB board in its connector or can I supply it by 26 pins FPC floppy connector?. Besides that, could I provide 5V from another connector which is near of CN221 flat connector?. Thank you in advance.

Greetings. :D

CarlG

Post by CarlG »

Hi again, I supplied my Slim SD HxC with 5V by its connector and it worked but when I plugged it just by pin FPC floppy it didn't work despite the old floppy reader still working just by its 26 pins connector. So, I think it needs more current because there is not any reason for not working. Do you know if I can supply the Slim SD HxC with an external source?. Also pin 1 from floppy connector is linked by 5V pin principal connector from Slim SD HxC, is there any risk of plugging the attached connector source to supply the PCB board??

Thank you again!
Attachments
5Vconnector.jpeg
5Vconnector.jpeg (168.11 KiB) Viewed 3478 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

CarlG wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:20 pm
Hi again, I supplied my Slim SD HxC with 5V by its connector and it worked but when I plugged it just by pin FPC floppy it didn't work despite the old floppy reader still working just by its 26 pins connector. So, I think it needs more current because there is not any reason for not working. Do you know if I can supply the Slim SD HxC with an external source?. Also pin 1 from floppy connector is linked by 5V pin principal connector from Slim SD HxC, is there any risk of plugging the attached connector source to supply the PCB board??

Thank you again!
The Slim HxC should definitely work with the FPC alone, It uses less current than a floppy drive.
Are you sure that the 5V FPC power supply is always there ?

CarlG

Post by CarlG »

Thank you Jeff, you are right I was mistaken about supply connection and the SDHxCFESlim works but the oscilloscope still not recognizing. I checked the pinout from the original floppy drive disk and it's almost the same as the FPC floppy pinout, but there is a huge different. What is Vss exactly? The original floppy drive pinout needs ground in those pins to work. Besides that, If I have just one floppy disk, I just have to set 1 the switch 0 and others set 0, right?

Greetings,
Carlos.

CarlG

Post by CarlG »

By the other hand, I just have one floppy disk and I have checked maybe one of the reasons that is not working is because the connection is Shugart instead of IBM-PC. But, I don't really know if it's just a connection between drives or between SDHxCCFESlim and oscilloscope. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
IBM_PC-Shugart.png
IBM_PC-Shugart.png (20.74 KiB) Viewed 3445 times