Müller weaving machine (Müload)

Nebrek

Müller weaving machine (Müload)

Post by Nebrek »

Hallo eveybody,
I would like to swap the existing 3,5" 720k floppy disk drives on two old pattern transfer devices for Müller weaving machines. I did the same with two newer devices which had 1.44mb drives and a DOS/PC readable format and they work fine. The disks of the older version are not readable on a pc and I was forced to make a floppy disk dump with the emulator software. The two older devices have different chinon drives, both with jumpers set to MM (motor on from motor on signal).
My problem is, that I am not sure how to setup the configuration file (.hfe) for the emulator. Are there any infomations that I should have recognized while creating the disk dump and how could/should I handle the MM signal. The best result I have had while evaluating the emulator was the message "record not found" on the transfer device while both LEDs on the emulator (rev F) were on.
Is there anybody who could give me some advice!
Thank you very much i advance, Aleksandar

Nebrek

Müller weaving machine (Müload) Update

Post by Nebrek »

Hallo everybody,
I am one step further, but not completly satisfied :( . I have read the documentation back and forth and solved my missing understanding of the handling of the MM signal -> setting the dip-switch for the "Motor Enable A" helped realy a lot :wink:.

I also tried a couple of different settings for the "Floppy emulator settings" and ended up with:
Interface mode IBM PC 720kB and no 2 drive emulation

This brings me to the point that I am able to create disk dumps of all disks I have for that older transfer device

Now there is only one point missing to get it perfect:
How do I get a file from the pc into the image file? With other words, I am expecting some scenario like it has been done for the ARBURG machines.

Looking forward with greetings from Germany

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Müller weaving machine (Müload) Update

Post by Jeff »

have you a working HFE file with this machine ? if yes can you send me it to hxc2001<at>hxc2001.com ?