CNC Mitsubishi Meldas FCA335CM

miguelhdz

CNC Mitsubishi Meldas FCA335CM

Post by miguelhdz »

Sorry for my poor English:

I´m trying to install a slim SD Floppy Emulator in a Mazak CNC Milling machine. It will replace a Samsung SFD-321B floppy drive.
The machine needs to read a floppy disk named ¨MELDAS 335M MAZATROL M-32(SYSTEM)¨ at start up to boot up, but every time is more difficult to the machine to read it.
From I had read, the floppy drive runs at 360 rpm, so I bought a ¨GA-EG41MF-S2H" motherboard with floppy 3-mode suport.
The machine can format floppies for write, read and compare its macro and parameters, so I made a floppy disk dump on hxcfloppyemulator from a previously formatted and written floppy disk with machine macro/parameters.
And then I put this image renamed (DSKA0000.hfe) in the SD card, turn on the machine and then I do a ´Compare Parameters´ I got multiple alarms:

IOP Not Ready Error
IOP FDC Error

These alarms changes when I move the DIP switches, I tried every possible combination with no luck,
what am I doing wrong? Can I make a blank hfe image and format it on the machine?

miguelhdz

Re: CNC Mitsubishi Meldas FCA335CM

Post by miguelhdz »

miguelhdz

Post by miguelhdz »

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

miguelhdz wrote:files in the SD card
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v7xf9296i11jq0e/HXC.rar
Your HFE file is bad : There is no sector on most of the tracks. the dump has failed.

And if you want to test this image on a pc, you need to change/force the interface mode to IBM PC 1.44MB or 720KB into the cfg file. See the sd settings window.

miguelhdz

Post by miguelhdz »

emulator isn't recognized by the cnc. how do I set dip switches?

miguelhdz

Post by miguelhdz »

the samsung SFD-321B(taken from cnc machine) doesnt work in the pc motherboard. motor runs but green led doesnt turn on.
but if I install another SFD-321B from an old compaq pc, it works on the pc motherboard but not in the machine.
so, whats the diference? jumpers settings?
here it´s a hi-res image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv696u83o22vf ... 3.JPG?dl=0

LEFT
SFD-321B REV WT-05 from an old compaq pc
OPA1, DC, DS1 jumpered
RDY, OPB open
If I install it in the CNC, doesnt work (displays multiple alarms)
Installed in motherboard, it works (motor runs, green led flashes)

RIGHT
SFD-321B REV WT-04
DS0, RDY, OPB are jumpered
there is a capacitor left upper corner (C14)
In the cnc works, in pc doesnt

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Can you send me these disks in France ? I can dump them for you.

miguelhdz

Post by miguelhdz »

Jeff, how can I contact you? I need to have these machines working

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

miguelhdz wrote:Jeff, how can I contact you? I need to have these machines working
There :
https://hxc2001.com/contactus/

tuanpqvn

Post by tuanpqvn »

miguelhdz wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 pm
Sorry for my poor English:

I´m trying to install a slim SD Floppy Emulator in a Mazak CNC Milling machine. It will replace a Samsung SFD-321B floppy drive.
The machine needs to read a floppy disk named ¨MELDAS 335M MAZATROL M-32(SYSTEM)¨ at start up to boot up, but every time is more difficult to the machine to read it.
From I had read, the floppy drive runs at 360 rpm, so I bought a ¨GA-EG41MF-S2H" motherboard with floppy 3-mode suport.
The machine can format floppies for write, read and compare its macro and parameters, so I made a floppy disk dump on hxcfloppyemulator from a previously formatted and written floppy disk with machine macro/parameters.
And then I put this image renamed (DSKA0000.hfe) in the SD card, turn on the machine and then I do a ´Compare Parameters´ I got multiple alarms:

IOP Not Ready Error
IOP FDC Error

These alarms changes when I move the DIP switches, I tried every possible combination with no luck,
what am I doing wrong? Can I make a blank hfe image and format it on the machine?

Can you share me image disk file?

Zappa

Post by Zappa »

Hello everybody,
am currently working on the same assignment as tuan pavn. Would like to use a GOTEK USB drive for it. But I still have no idea how to configure HxC2001 so that the machine boots from it.
Can easily image the floppy disk and clone it onto new disks. Do I have to use the image less method for this? And how do I get the image on the stick so that I can start right away?

I can share the Floppy Image if needed

Thanks and sorry for my google translator english :roll:

Zappa
Attachments
IMG-20201008-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20201008-WA0000.jpg (191.38 KiB) Viewed 5042 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

What can you read on the USB drive screen without any usb stick plugged ?

Zappa

Post by Zappa »

Hi jeff
I just got the OLED display. I installed it and in the process created a short circuit .. it is absolutely dead now. When I connect 5 V only one voltage regulator gets hot ...
I ordered a new one that should be here on Monday ... then I'll test again. Is it possible that I can use the boot loader again? i have orderd it on Wednesday?

Regards
Heiko Kornely

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Zappa wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:52 pm
Hi jeff
I just got the OLED display. I installed it and in the process created a short circuit .. it is absolutely dead now. When I connect 5 V only one voltage regulator gets hot ...
I ordered a new one that should be here on Monday ... then I'll test again. Is it possible that I can use the boot loader again? i have orderd it on Wednesday?

Regards
Heiko Kornely
Please contact me email.