Sega System 24 Crack Down

Xyla

Sega System 24 Crack Down

Post by Xyla »

Hi,

I just received my HxC, and I am trying to use the software to convert a Sega System 24 .s24 image to .hfe. I downloaded the disk image for Crack Down from the MAME files. I do own an original disk, but it has gone bad... which is why I bought an HxC, so I can get my Crack Down machine working.

Anyway, when I try to load the image in the software it says "Load error! Read file error!". I renamed the MAME file from .img to .s24 so it would recognize it as a System 24 image, but it didn't seem to help.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks,
Xyla

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Sega System 24 Crack Down

Post by Jeff »

any link to this image ?

Xyla

Post by Xyla »

OMG. So I went to attach the image in my reply here, and then suddenly I could see the extension was actually .s24.img. Stupid hidden extensions! I tried on both Mac OS X and Windows 7, and I couldn't see the hidden .img on either! So I just went into the terminal on my Mac and used mv to rename to .s24 for real... then the HxC software recognized it! Hopefully I can get this working in my game now.

Xyla

Post by Xyla »

Ok, the converted s24 image works now as STARTUPA.HFE, however I am having this problem described in this other thread now:
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =25&t=1299

The problem is the only way I can get it to load is if I switch dip #2 from off to on after the machine is turned on. According to the thread, setting the interface to custom pin 34 high will solve the problem...

I set it, but nothing changed. After messing with various options in the config file I realized nothing was ever changing at all, so I set it to really bizarre settings: Amiga file interface mode and AKAI S900/S950 interface settings. Well I assume this shouldn't work at all, but it was exactly the same... I was able to get the game to boot when flipping dip #2 from off to on.

I can only conclude here that it is not reading HXCSDFE.CFG at all. What could be the cause of this? I have the config file in the root on the SD card. Am I missing something?

Xyla

Post by Xyla »

Ok, it is actually loading the config file, because I can adjust the volume of the disk access sound and it does change. I can also turn off the autoload of startupa.hfe.

However, no settings of the interface make any difference. I can set it it to whatever ridiculous settings I want, and it will still not load unless I start it up with dip 1 on only, and then also switch dip 2 to on after the game is turned on.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Xyla wrote:Ok, it is actually loading the config file, because I can adjust the volume of the disk access sound and it does change. I can also turn off the autoload of startupa.hfe.

However, no settings of the interface make any difference. I can set it it to whatever ridiculous settings I want, and it will still not load unless I start it up with dip 1 on only, and then also switch dip 2 to on after the game is turned on.
update the your firmware with the latest one.

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

Xyla

Post by Xyla »

That fixed it. Thank you!