Arburg Multronica

jdmcnulty

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by jdmcnulty »

Hi Jeff,

I have not yet received my emulator hardware, but I did receive the Kryoflux.

I've connected the system and was successful in installing the drivers etc. It appears my disk drive is capable of reading 80 tracks - is this sufficient?

I used Kryoflux to create the .raw files of 3 disks
I used the HXC emulator software to load the .raw files, and export 3 .HFE files (see attached).

Is this something you can test to see if they were produced correctly?

Thanks,
Jason
Attachments
Arburg System Files.zip
(215.56 KiB) Downloaded 619 times

biernak

Post by biernak »

Hello Jeff,
I would like to ask you some questions. I hope you will be able to help me.
Do you have image system disk to which you know EPROM number?
Do you have image system disk no 2 in polish language?

I am waiting for delivery of KryoFlux ( I have HxC Floppy Emulator) and then I will start the project.

thanks,
Mariusz Biernacki

mariusz@automatykabiernacki.pl

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

jdmcnulty wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:36 am
Hi Jeff,

I have not yet received my emulator hardware, but I did receive the Kryoflux.

I've connected the system and was successful in installing the drivers etc. It appears my disk drive is capable of reading 80 tracks - is this sufficient?

I used Kryoflux to create the .raw files of 3 disks
I used the HXC emulator software to load the .raw files, and export 3 .HFE files (see attached).

Is this something you can test to see if they were produced correctly?

Thanks,
Jason
this is not an multronica disk format. Can you share the original stream raw files ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

biernak wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 pm
Hello Jeff,
I would like to ask you some questions. I hope you will be able to help me.
Do you have image system disk to which you know EPROM number?
Do you have image system disk no 2 in polish language?

I am waiting for delivery of KryoFlux ( I have HxC Floppy Emulator) and then I will start the project.

thanks,
Mariusz Biernacki

mariusz@automatykabiernacki.pl
No sorry. I have only some dump.

jdmcnulty

Post by jdmcnulty »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 pm

this is not an multronica disk format. Can you share the original stream raw files ?
Jeff, maybe I created the HFE files incorrectly? Maybe my RAW files are incorrect?

Thanks for your help. Files are too large to attach on the forum - download from my dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfnvsa37hhwq3 ... s.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps!
Jason

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I sent to your email one system disk generated from your dumps. Both have some bad sectors, but i managed to generate a proper disk from both dump.
Let me know if all is fine.

pigfrown

Post by pigfrown »

Hi, sorry to tag onto this thread but it seems to be where it all happens!

I've been attempting to read/backup a damaged arburg system disk. I have used a kryoflux to read the raw stream, and I load that stream in HFE and export the image. I can then use this image with the Virtual Copylog program to successfully load the system disks in CopyLog. At least I think it is successful, as the machine type green label in copylog updates with the machine type. Arburg COPYLOG recognising the system disk gave me hope that the disk would be recoverable.

However when I try to create a new copy of the floppy disk by rewriting my raw kryoflux stream data back to floppy disk, the disk is not recognised by the arburg machine (falsche diskette), just like the original. Am I out of luck here and need to order a new disk from Arburg? Is there any way to analyse the damage to the disk and potentially attempt to recover data if it is not too badly damaged? I have seen jeff talk about damaged sectors here, which is why I ask!

Any hints would be appreciated... This entire thread has been a wealth of knowledge already so thanks :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Have a look to the track viewer and select the disk view mode. (think to check the arburg modes).

evertonjc

Post by evertonjc »

jdmcnulty wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm
Hello Jeff and everyone else.

I have read this thread in great detail - downloaded all the required files and am planning to perform this upgrade on my Arburg multronica machine.

I have a few questions on the procedure, and may need some additional advice.

In order to perform this upgrade I need to do the following steps:
1) purchase HxC Floppy Emulator (REV F)
2) purchase Kryoflux -- https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/p ... ucts_id=30
3) purchase Panasonic JU-257A607P floppy disc drive
4) use Kryoflux and Panasonic floppy disc drive to create RAW files from my existing Arburg Program and System Disks (2 disks)
5) use HxC software to convert the RAW files to HFE ??
6) write HFE files to SD card
7) install HxC Floppy Emulator (REV F) into Multronica control unit
8) connect SD card w/ HFE and read

Is this correct? I am awaiting confirmation - or adjustments to my process and I will begin purchasing all the components. If needed, I can send the disks to Jeff, to have them read - whatever is the preferred method.

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your time,
Jason
Hello Jeff,

I was looking the nice procedure Jason did, and I was wondering if I could use a Gotek Floppy instead of HxC Floppy.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

weezerboy1983

Post by weezerboy1983 »

Hi Jeff

I too have the Arburg Multronica system.

Basically I only have about 5-6 settings that I need to get across to the emulators SD card so what I wanted to do was switch between the floppy to load the program onto the machine, then unplug this and plug in the emulator to copy that program onto the SD card. This means that I won’t need to get a Kryoflux? Please correct me if this is not possible.

I ordered the SDFB HXC Floppy Emulator and see that there are dip switches on the board, must these be set in a specific way to work with the arburg? Also what is the rest of the process to set the emulator up for the arburg and be able to use the “write to disk” function?

Any help would be appreciate, thanking you in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

weezerboy1983 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 pm
Hi Jeff

I too have the Arburg Multronica system.

Basically I only have about 5-6 settings that I need to get across to the emulators SD card so what I wanted to do was switch between the floppy to load the program onto the machine, then unplug this and plug in the emulator to copy that program onto the SD card. This means that I won’t need to get a Kryoflux? Please correct me if this is not possible.

I ordered the SDFB HXC Floppy Emulator and see that there are dip switches on the board, must these be set in a specific way to work with the arburg? Also what is the rest of the process to set the emulator up for the arburg and be able to use the “write to disk” function?

Any help would be appreciate, thanking you in advance
This is possible but take care when you connect/unconnect the drives.
Just the the jumper to IDA-0 and use the arburg images :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

weezerboy1983

Post by weezerboy1983 »

Hi Jeff

Thanks, so I format the SD card to FAT32, then i unzip the files for the Arburg Multronica onto the SD (Must I create a folder for this or just straight onto the card? and if I must create a folder, does it need a specific name?)

Also, regarding the jumper, I don't see anything on the board where there's jumpers, just the connector for the IDE cable, the dip switches (which are all down, except the one that says ON) and then the 5V connector.?

weezerboy1983

Post by weezerboy1983 »

Ok, read through your post and found the answer, copied image file directly to SD card and set dip switch to ID0A.

Question: The system disks, is there any way that I can get those over onto SD card without the Kryoflux? I've seen that you do this for some people from your side, but how do I get the system disk info to you?

weezerboy1983

Post by weezerboy1983 »

Hi Jeff

Ok, so I just phoned Lotharek, he said I must query with you. I have formatted SD, and loaded image file for Multronica from your zip file onto SD card (not in a folder, just directly). I installed drive and system and drive power on ok. When I go to WRITE PROGRAM on the Arburg machine, to save the current program onto the SD card, the ARBURG machine displays DISKETTE RUNS, but it does not write to the SD card, it only stays on DISKETTE RUNS.

Any advice?

weezerboy1983

Post by weezerboy1983 »

Hi Jeff, Figured the problem out. Have to select a disk image on the SD card and THEN save to it. All sorted! :)

Now I just have the issue with my system disks for my 3 machines, how can I get these onto SD? There is no way of connecting one of the old Floppy drives to an old PC, copy the files off and then copy them to SD or won't a PC read that drive?