Arburg Multronica

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff »

Andy Watermelon wrote:Sorry for my question. Is it possible to create floppy 3.5" system disk for ARBURG MULTRONICA from hfe file then record it by the usual PC with floppy drive. If the ARBURG MULTRONICA floppy drive is with SHUGART interface what I need to do else? Thanks in any case.
With a PC : No. The Multronica disk format is very special. a PC floppy controller can't read/write it.

If you have the COPYLOG : Yes.

Andy Watermelon

Post by Andy Watermelon »

Another question. If I have ARBURG MULTRONICA system diskette, is it possible (by the HxCFloppyEmulator software) make floppy disc dump, then create HFE file with my PC?
Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Andy Watermelon wrote:Another question. If I have ARBURG MULTRONICA system diskette, is it possible (by the HxCFloppyEmulator software) make floppy disc dump, then create HFE file with my PC?
Thanks.
No again. You need a special hardware to do this. The Kryoflux is able to do a disk dump and then the HxC Floppy Emulator software is able to import the files from this hardware.
You can't do anything with the PC floppy controller with the Arburg Multronica disks...

If you want i can do the dump for you, i have all the needed stuff here.
I may try to make some disc copy if you want too.

cloud

Post by cloud »

Hello,

today i have replaced the floppydrive and it works fine. but i need to dump some floppy disks (system disks) because my customer have 7 different machines. can i dump the disks with the kryoflux board and a normal pc floppy? or i need a drive which can access more tracks? and then convert the dumps with the hxc2001 software?

best regards
Michael

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

cloud wrote: can i dump the disks with the kryoflux board and a normal pc floppy? [...]
and then convert the dumps with the hxc2001 software?
Yes exactly.

You can also contact me by email : I can do all of this for you (with the data integrity checking.)

arteitle

Post by arteitle »

Hello,

I apologize for resurrecting this old thread, but I have a question about using HxC and KryoFlux with Arburg Multronica disks. After reading about it here, I got interested in the possibility of replacing the floppy drives in my company's Arburg Multronica and Selogica controllers with something like the HxC Floppy Emulator. I've obtained a KryoFlux and a NOS Panasonic JU-257A607P floppy drive and started tinkering with it. However, so far I haven't been able to find settings for KryoFlux DTC 2.51 that will let it read a Multronica system disk into a RAW .img format, convert it to a .hfe file with HxCFloppyEmulator v2.0.26.0, load that into Virgual COPYLOG v1.2a, and access this with the Arburg COPYLOG software. For example, if I try to read it into an "FM Sector Image" in KryoFlux, each sector is identified as <unformatted> and the resulting image file is empty. Can you give me any pointers on KryoFlux settings to try?

Thank You,
Aaron Teitlebaum

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

In fact you need to use the KF stream raw format with DTC and then use the HxC Floppy Emulator software to decode the files :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... t_beta.zip

Drag & drop one .raw file on the main window, wait during loading&analysis, and once done check the disk state into the track viewer (select disk mode).
You can make a backup of the current image by exporting it into the AFI format.

If the disk look good, then i generally regenerate completly the image : i export the image to the arburgfd raw format, and reload the same file. After this just export to the HFE format for the HxC.

Simple isn't it :wink:

arteitle

Post by arteitle »

Belated thank you for your reply, I've just now gotten back around to trying out KryoFlux on my Arburg Multronica disks again. I have been able to read a Multronica program disk and view the contents on COPYLOG using your Virtual COPYLOG program. Is it possible to use the HxCFloppyEmulator software to export a file containing the Arburg disk data, which could then be used by KryoFlux to write the data back to a real floppy disk? It looks like Kryoflux can use IPF, ADF, G64, or KryoFlux stream files as a source for writing, and the only one of those that it looks like HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.4.3 can save is IPF (though it says W.I.P., which I take to mean "work in progress"), and when I try to save in that format the log shows "Error: Disk format doesn't match..." Or is it only possible to go one way at the moment, from floppy to virtual disk? Thank you.

Edit: correction, I see that I missed that "KF Stream File (*.raw)" was an export option too. I'll give that a try now.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

arteitle wrote: Edit: correction, I see that I missed that "KF Stream File (*.raw)" was an export option too. I'll give that a try now.
Exactly. This is the way to go.

Garrit

Post by Garrit »

Apologies for refreshing the thread. We have some software-updates to expect for a production-monitoring-project. Of course Arburg will deliver that on floppy-disks. I have obtained a Kryoflux. But I am not able to convert the disks into the hfe-format.
When reading the disk, Kryoflux write every track as a seperately image in a directory with the filename I have given.
How can I combine these seperately track-images together into an image of the whole disk?
I use DTC version 2.51_win32. The parameters in the GUI, I have given are: Kryoflux stream files, preservation. The other, format guided, leads me to an error: at least one image type must be defined - not including stream files. I do not understand that and also the manual is not helping me in this.
Maybe you can put me in the right direction? Thanks in advanced.
Sending you the disks is a little too much. I did write you the amount of Multronica's we still using. And with the new software, we are talking about 2 disks for every machine. So, I am eager to do this job by myself.

Garrit

Post by Garrit »

Garrit wrote:Apologies for refreshing the thread. We have some software-updates to expect for a production-monitoring-project. Of course Arburg will deliver that on floppy-disks. I have obtained a Kryoflux. But I am not able to convert the disks into the hfe-format.
When reading the disk, Kryoflux write every track as a seperately image in a directory with the filename I have given.
How can I combine these seperately track-images together into an image of the whole disk?
I use DTC version 2.51_win32. The parameters in the GUI, I have given are: Kryoflux stream files, preservation. The other, format guided, leads me to an error: at least one image type must be defined - not including stream files. I do not understand that and also the manual is not helping me in this.
Sending you the disks is a little too much. I did write you the amount of Multronica's we still using. And with the new software, we are talking about 2 disks for every machine. So, I am eager to do this job by myself.
And an another issue. The window of the copylog-emulator is not fitting. It is too small and it is not possible to adjust it or to move the text inside the window. Is there something I can do about that?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Garrit wrote:Apologies for refreshing the thread. We have some software-updates to expect for a production-monitoring-project. Of course Arburg will deliver that on floppy-disks. I have obtained a Kryoflux. But I am not able to convert the disks into the hfe-format.
The tool to use for the emulator is this one :
just load one raw file (just drag & drop it to the window), the others will be loaded automatically.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Garrit wrote: And an another issue. The window of the copylog-emulator is not fitting. It is too small and it is not possible to adjust it or to move the text inside the window. Is there something I can do about that?
Which Windows version are you using and with which language ?

Garrit

Post by Garrit »

Jeff wrote:
Garrit wrote: And an another issue. The window of the copylog-emulator is not fitting. It is too small and it is not possible to adjust it or to move the text inside the window. Is there something I can do about that?
Which Windows version are you using and with which language ?
Due the crash of the computer used before, we have got now a windows 7 operating computer.

Garrit

Post by Garrit »

Jeff wrote:
The tool to use for the emulator is this one :
just load one raw file (just drag & drop it to the window), the others will be loaded automatically.
We use that but then I have only one track. How do I combine the raw-files of the other 159 tracks what was on the disk?