creating empty floppies

HxC Floppy Emulator Korg DSS1 support
rumpelfilter

creating empty floppies

Post by rumpelfilter »

I was wondering how I could make some empty floppies to use with the DSS-1. I tried some things, but didn't seem to work...
basically I tried to create an empty floppy with the HxC software and then tried to format that floppy (because otherwise the DSS-1 of course would tell me "unformatted"). The DSS-1 does format the floopy, but in the end it says that something went wrong and the floppy shows up as unformatted.
Thinking that it might be some wrong setting in the config when creating the floppy I tried to format an existing, working floppy, this didn't work either.
So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Or does somebody have an image of an empty, formatted floppy for me?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: creating empty floppies

Post by Jeff »

rumpelfilter wrote:I was wondering how I could make some empty floppies to use with the DSS-1. I tried some things, but didn't seem to work...
basically I tried to create an empty floppy with the HxC software and then tried to format that floppy (because otherwise the DSS-1 of course would tell me "unformatted"). The DSS-1 does format the floopy, but in the end it says that something went wrong and the floppy shows up as unformatted.
Thinking that it might be some wrong setting in the config when creating the floppy I tried to format an existing, working floppy, this didn't work either.
So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Or does somebody have an image of an empty, formatted floppy for me?
Probably a bad fill value

Retry with this software :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... t_beta.zip

And the attached floppy profile to create the empty image.
Attachments
empty_korgdss1.zip
(172 Bytes) Downloaded 684 times

rumpelfilter

Post by rumpelfilter »

I will! Thanks a lot!

rumpelfilter

Post by rumpelfilter »

just tried it and it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!

Polivoksi

Post by Polivoksi »

Hello.
I have got the same problem with creating disks like rumpelfilter.
I have downloaded the "empty_korgdss1.fpf" file, but couldn't open it with HxC. ("Load error. Read error.")
I am working with the Mac Beta Version. What exactly do i have to do with the fpf.file to create dss-1 disks?

Best Regards,
Alex

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Polivoksi wrote:Hello.
I have got the same problem with creating disks like rumpelfilter.
I have downloaded the "empty_korgdss1.fpf" file, but couldn't open it with HxC. ("Load error. Read error.")
I am working with the Mac Beta Version. What exactly do i have to do with the fpf.file to create dss-1 disks?

Best Regards,
Alex
You need to use this file in the "raw file loader".