TRANSFERT SAMPLE PC TO DSS1

HxC Floppy Emulator Korg DSS1 support
Panwork

TRANSFERT SAMPLE PC TO DSS1

Post by Panwork »

HI GUY,

Sorry to may be ask something already solved, but to me it seems problematic.
I love gotek. The Disk Browser is so insane to do some magic things :I can create some HFE with my SND stuff for my MPC60 as I want and can have thousands of HFE in a simple USB card : crazy !!!!

But in fact with the DSS1, the trick does not work. When I tried to open a dss .HFE in the Disk Browser, there is a red error message.

In the other way, if I create a HFE via Disk Browser with my files inside, the sampler cant read it and ask for « unformatted ».

So Im shure there is a way to put sample wav in HFE and make it to read for the DSS. Others do it at the time with 32K 16 bit mono files prepared by Audition and with no metadata…

Some ideas ? I read old topics to find a way but if someone knows the solution of this problem of transfert, it could be very helpful

Thanks a lot
PETER

Panwork

Re: TRANSFERT SAMPLE PC TO DSS1

Post by Panwork »

I had to precise that everything is fine with the GOTEK and the DSS. I can access thousands of sound via the big DSK library provided for DSS1 Users. It’s very nice. But I want to learn the possibility to directly put a my own in a WAV for a disk in the GOtek for the DSS1. Others do it in the past : that’s mean that it is possible. There is specificity about the WAV as I said before : mono 16 beat, 32k etc… there is topic on Gearspace about it. But today the other problem is how a DSS Korg could be read on the DISK BROWSER of HxC. I read on the topic that DSS Disk is AMSTRAD type or something like that; the Disk Browser is only for DOS ? How to browse amstrad Disk ? Maybe its a wring idea im very not shure…