HxC used with FC9801

HxC Floppy Emulator on PC88 / PC98 and compatible support
Vector

HxC used with FC9801

Post by Vector »

I have an industrial machine that has an FC9801 Japanese computer. I think the "FC" means Factory Computer but is based on the PC9801. I have bought the emulator and programmed an SD card. The host computer is attempting to read the HxC (the disk access light flashes), but the file does not get read. The LCD display reads T 002/077 s:0. It does not have "RA" at the start. Can anyone give me advice please ?

I have used "Load raw Image" from the latest version of emulator - 1.6.11.15, but am not sure it has made the image correctly because there is no option to make track one special. Track one is FM and 128 bytes per sector. The other tracks are MFM 256 B/S. There are 77 tracks, 2 heads, 26 Sectors. I am using jumpers for Shugart ID0-A and ID1-B and have upgraded to the latest firmware 1.6.0.0.

I am happy to upload my raw data image if necessary.

Regards, Chris
Chris P

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC used with FC9801

Post by Jeff »

Vector wrote:I have an industrial machine that has an FC9801 Japanese computer. I think the "FC" means Factory Computer but is based on the PC9801. I have bought the emulator and programmed an SD card. The host computer is attempting to read the HxC (the disk access light flashes), but the file does not get read. The LCD display reads T 002/077 s:0. It does not have "RA" at the start. Can anyone give me advice please ?

I have used "Load raw Image" from the latest version of emulator - 1.6.11.15, but am not sure it has made the image correctly because there is no option to make track one special. Track one is FM and 128 bytes per sector. The other tracks are MFM 256 B/S. There are 77 tracks, 2 heads, 26 Sectors. I am using jumpers for Shugart ID0-A and ID1-B and have upgraded to the latest firmware 1.6.0.0.

I am happy to upload my raw data image if necessary.

Regards, Chris
Hi,

If you don't see any "RA" message this is probably a jumper setting problem.
Have tried other jumpers position ?

About the image please send me it.

Another point : the PC9801 / FC9801 computers sometimes need a special floppy disk drive with intragated VFO/PLL circuit. Have you checked if your hardware need it ?

Vector

Re: HxC used with FC9801

Post by Vector »

Jeff,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I changed the jumpers to ID3-A and got RA message but before I could load the file, the computer failed. I cannot verify that the emulator and HFE file work until I get the computer going again.

I have attached a map file done under Omniflop and photos. The image file was too large, I will email that seperately.

Chris
Attachments
Map & photos.zip
(244 KiB) Downloaded 1067 times
Chris P