how to create bootable floppy disk for PC-9801

HxC Floppy Emulator on PC88 / PC98 and compatible support
Ava

how to create bootable floppy disk for PC-9801

Post by Ava »

I have two PC-9801 both have two floppy drive (1 and 2) but no hard disk. I want to create a bootable floppy disk in order to boot up and use these computers. I have bootable floppy disk images in .fdi and .D88 formats but so far I couldn't find any software under windows XP to be able to write these images into floppy disks in the format suitable to PC-9801. I can see content of these image files using Neko project II emulator but no way of creating floppy disks from there. Any advice?

thx

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: how to create bootable floppy disk for PC-9801

Post by Jeff »

Ava wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:25 am
I have two PC-9801 both have two floppy drive (1 and 2) but no hard disk. I want to create a bootable floppy disk in order to boot up and use these computers. I have bootable floppy disk images in .fdi and .D88 formats but so far I couldn't find any software under windows XP to be able to write these images into floppy disks in the format suitable to PC-9801. I can see content of these image files using Neko project II emulator but no way of creating floppy disks from there. Any advice?

thx
You can maybe use the hxc software to convert this fdi/d88 into imd file and use ImageDisk software under msdos to write them.
http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm