SD CB - HXC Rev C floppy disk emulator and the Spectrum+3

HxC Floppy Emulator on ZX Spectrum and compatible support
jmonel

SD CB - HXC Rev C floppy disk emulator and the Spectrum+3

Post by jmonel »

Hi
I am interested in getting the SD CB - HXC Rev C floppy disk emulator.
The information states it can read and write files to the sd card but after reading the supporting manual I am a bit unclear and writing files to the card,
i have a ZX Spectrum +3 and wish to add the SD CB - HXC Rev C and use it the way I would a standard floppy ie to read AND write files to the sd card.
i understand that I will have to create a disk image first and select that first but then how do i write a file to it, can i use the standard spectrum +3 file handling commands ie load and save? etc.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD CB - HXC Rev C floppy disk emulator and the Spectrum+3

Post by Jeff »

jmonel wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:08 pm
Hi
I am interested in getting the SD CB - HXC Rev C floppy disk emulator.
The information states it can read and write files to the sd card but after reading the supporting manual I am a bit unclear and writing files to the card,
i have a ZX Spectrum +3 and wish to add the SD CB - HXC Rev C and use it the way I would a standard floppy ie to read AND write files to the sd card.
i understand that I will have to create a disk image first and select that first but then how do i write a file to it, can i use the standard spectrum +3 file handling commands ie load and save? etc.
You can read/write your files from/to the floppy disk images you will have on your sdcard.