Hxc floppy drive rev f from lotherak

HxC Floppy Emulator on ZX Spectrum and compatible support
tokra30

Hxc floppy drive rev f from lotherak

Post by tokra30 »

Got a question about connecting it in place of the 3inch drive, the internal floppy cable will not fit, how ever you try and get it to fit there is a notch on the connector.

I want it to replace the original drive that comes with the species, just beginning to wonder if I ordered the wrong type.

As I can't find any info online about connecting this type of drive to the zx only the external type. Even if I could get it to connect there no info I can find on what settings need setting on the dip switches.

I have spent a coupe of hours today getting irritated by it.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Hxc floppy drive rev f from lotherak

Post by Jeff »

I suppose that your connector have 26 pins ?

tokra30

Post by tokra30 »

Yes it the original cable that comes with the 3inch drive that was fitted to the zx can I use it or do I need to replace it,

It dose work with the 3inch drive but not the emulator.

If I can use it dose it need connecting to pin 1 or to the other end, and dose it need switching round.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

What is the brand & model number of the old floppy drive ?

tokra30

Post by tokra30 »

Hi,

I have taken the drive out and photographed the drive I have attached the photos I have taken hope that help.

I am a PC Tech not a specalist on the spectrum so need some help with what I am looking at.

The photos I took have had to be zipped in to the 3 Archives, hope some one can take a look and point me in the correct direction on how I connect the drive.

As I said I dont mind fitting it internal if can mod the case, or even have the floppy cable hanging out the back and connect the drive up and place it on top of the ZX case.

If some one can help that would be most apreciated.
Attachments
3.rar
(78.42 KiB) Downloaded 848 times
2.rar
(197.74 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
1.rar
(223.52 KiB) Downloaded 832 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

You should use the external floppy port with an pc floppy ribbon with an edge connector.