Huge problems with REV C cased light gray on Spectrum +3

HxC Floppy Emulator on ZX Spectrum and compatible support
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Huge problems with REV C cased light gray on Spectrum +3

Post by Jeff »

As i said, and as 1024MK said too you should use the ID1-A jumper position :

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/s ... 682&page=3
1024MAK wrote: The settings for these jumpers do look the same between the SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator User Manual and Lotharek's cased version, it is just that he has used a 90 degree angled pin-header.

Having just looked at the copy of the Spectrum +3 service manual that I have (which has a schematic circuit diagram), the pin-out from Guesser and the SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator User Manual, my conclusion is that you should fit only one jumper: ID1 drive A.

If you fit a jumper to ID3, is is actually the Motor On (MO) line and the HxC will respond whenever the Spectrum tries to access any disk drive.

According to the pin-out from Guesser, the only ID line available on the external floppy connector is ID1.

One remark : as often, some games/software will probably don't work correctly on the external drive.

schombi

Re: Huge problems with REV C cased light gray on Spectrum +3

Post by schombi »

Hi Jeff,

yes, you´re right. Thanks for mentioning the fact that some software will expect to be run from drive A: I forgot about that.

I understood that I must not use ID3 and have to use the ID1-A position, but as you can see of the WoS forum, I still don´t see which pin represents what and Mark on the forum mentioned that on the cased unit the pin-header is angled; therefore Lotharek´s picture is still totally unclear to me.