SD HxC Rev C Screen brightness?

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
ipagokugoku

SD HxC Rev C Screen brightness?

Post by ipagokugoku »

Hi. Just joined the forum. Nice to meet you all.

I've been using a SD HxC Rev C from Lotharek for the last two years. Recently, while messing with it I managed to break it, but that's not what this post is about. After some attempts to get it working again, long story short I replaced it with a new one of the same model.

The latest version of Lotharek's SD HxC Rev C I just received is slightly different from the one of the same model I bought two years ago. This one has a different SD card slot and some of the other parts on the board are noticeably different. Overall I like the new design, aside from one thing: The screen on my old unit seemed much brighter and was far easier to read. The new one really needs to be viewed when looking straight toward the screen or it is very hard to read the text on the display. I much preferred how it looked on the old unit.

Since the screen on my old unit isn't broken, I tried changing the screen for the old one, and surprisingly it did not make any difference. The issue doesn't seem to be the screen itself but rather something in the circuitry of the new design. Seems kind of weird and I can't help but wonder if there is an easy way to fix it and make it look more like my older model. Anyone have any suggestions? (I suspect I just have to live with it, eh?)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD HxC Rev C Screen brightness?

Post by Jeff »

This is probably the contrast setting (connected to the lcd pin 3 if i remember well). On my old design there were a potentiometer to set it.
i am not sure what is installed on the current units.

ipagokugoku

Post by ipagokugoku »

Jeff wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:33 am
This is probably the contrast setting (connected to the lcd pin 3 if i remember well). On my old design there were a potentiometer to set it.
i am not sure what is installed on the current units.
Holy crap Jeff, you are right! Both my old model and the new one had the potentiometer in the lower right area on the front of the PCB. I just never knew what it was for. I was able to turn it with a screw driver, and sure enough, it adjusts the contrast! That was the issue. Now it looks just like my old one. Thanks you are a life saver!

j1mpst3r

Post by j1mpst3r »

I've the same issue on a Rev F, is the contrast adjustable on these revisions?