[Feature request] Support for rpm or Index pulse cycle time

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
HxC user 4869

[Feature request] Support for rpm or Index pulse cycle time

Post by HxC user 4869 »

Hello,
I have the HxC rev.F, and using with the NEC PC-9801 (It doesn't need an external VFO).

There is copy protection that measures the number of rotations per minute (or Index pulse cycle time), to be exact, the time from the first Index pulse to the reading of specific data in the second rotation.
HxC that unconditionally outputs the Index pulse at 300 rpm (200 ms), an error will occur because the time will be incorrect. The real FD drive rotates at 360 rpm (166.7 ms), so it works correctlly.
It's unclear why it's from the first time, not the time from the second Index pulse, but I think that's the protection.

The HFE file has a field that specifies the number of revolutions per minute, so please support HxC as well. Or, please tell me how to output Index pulse at 360 rpm (166.7 ms) with HxC.

The above sentence is a translation of the following Japanese.

毎分の回転数(あるいはIndexパルスの周期)、正確には最初のIndexパルスから回転2回目で特定のデータが読めるまでの時間を測るコピープロテクトが有り、無条件で300rpm(200ms)でIndexパルスを出すHxCでは時間が狂うためエラーになります。実物のFDドライブでは360rpm(166.7ms)で回転するため正常に動作します。
どうして2回目のIndexパルスからの時間ではなく1回目からなのかは不明ですが、その辺がプロテクトなのだろうと思います。

HFEファイルには毎分の回転数を規定するフィールドが有りますからHxCの方も対応をお願いします。あるいは、HxCで360rpm(166.7ms)でIndexパルスを出す方法を教えて下さい。

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: [Feature request] Support for rpm or Index pulse cycle time

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

Can you share the HFE file ?

HxC user 4869

Re: [Feature request] Support for rpm or Index pulse cycle time

Post by HxC user 4869 »

Thank you for your reply

> Can you share the HFE file ?

Sorry, since this program is a copyrighted work sold as a product, HFE file cannot be shared, but it is possible to prepare a program to measure the rotation speed and a program to check the rotation speed (index pulse cycle) with the same mechanism.

The above sentence is a translation of the following Japanese:
そのプログラムは商品として売られていた著作物のためHFEファイルの共有はできませんが、回転数を計測するプログラムや同じ仕組みで回転数(Indexの周期)をチェックするプログラムを用意する事はできます。