Hello - New to HxC Emulation

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
allaboutbreaks

Hello - New to HxC Emulation

Post by allaboutbreaks »

Hello,

The prospect of using emulated floppy drives is exciting. I'm new the the emulators (Akai S950 and S1000) and do not understand them very well. Is there a resource, like an instruction manual, for the HxC software that will allow me to better understand and use the program? I keep reading where people say "just use the .img" but I'm not sure what this means, I'm not sure how to make an .img file that can be read by the emulator and any attempts I have made result in the S950 saying the disk is unformatted. I'm not sure how to move files I have on the computer, into the USB drive, then use them in the sampler. I'm sure there is a way but I have not found an understandable map to take myself to where I need to go. My research has led me to a lot of information that I do not understand. Any help for a beginner is appreciated.

Thanks

(P.S. - I can use the .hfe blank disks that came with my emulator to save/load samples but I'm wanting to know how to work with the files just a tiny bit deeper by creating disks and putting samples onto them from the computer)