SD HxC Version Oled?

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
phiMX

SD HxC Version Oled?

Post by phiMX »

Hi,

sorry for maybe asking obvious questions, but I own a HxC SD Version with the 16x2 LCD.

I wonder if its possible to replace the lcd with an oled screen, since they are much smaller and can be more easily incorporated in my A500 without damaging too much/anything on the case.
I know that the oleds are I2C, but do they need anything else than connecting? different firmware or different settings?

Also I am looking for the least/non destructive ways to put a display in my a500.I have a 3d printer for the rescue.

best regards

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD HxC Version Oled?

Post by Jeff »

phiMX wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:50 am
Hi,

sorry for maybe asking obvious questions, but I own a HxC SD Version with the 16x2 LCD.

I wonder if its possible to replace the lcd with an oled screen, since they are much smaller and can be more easily incorporated in my A500 without damaging too much/anything on the case.
I know that the oleds are I2C, but do they need anything else than connecting? different firmware or different settings?

Also I am looking for the least/non destructive ways to put a display in my a500.I have a 3d printer for the rescue.

best regards
There are some OLED 16x2 screens compatible with the current board. But they have generally the same size as the lcd version and are not easy to obtain.

Anyway there is no plan to support OLED I2C screens on the current HxC SD series.