Problems Programming blank PIC for RevC HXC

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
LADelectronics

Problems Programming blank PIC for RevC HXC

Post by LADelectronics »

Hello everyone.

I originally purchased the parts and a licence for 1 PIC from Jeff back in Feb 2018. I have now only just got round to building the PCB (made from gerbers on the HXC2001 project page) and trying to program the PIC.

Unfortunately I am not having much luck.

So I program the bootstrap.hex, insert it in the PCB and power-up. As stated in the instructions, I get a flashing LED after approx 30s.

Now I start the SerialSecBridge program. Connect to the server (Link is UP), then open the serial port which the USB>TTL adaptor is connected to. TX and RX frame numbers increase, and the device is detected with 1 left to program.

I click program, I get 'starting' for a second or two, then 'Error'. Here I can either get 'Download failed, retry' or the 0/100 count starts. If I leave it, it gets to 98 then fails with 'Error' again. If the count starts, obviously something happens to the PIC as when it is next power-cycled the LEDs no longer light as if the device is blank.

I have double checked all connections between the PIC and SRAM IC - all are OK. Does it matter if the LCD is fitted or not during programming?

Using the program on an old Win7 laptop running off battery, PCB is powered from the USB>TTL serial adaptor.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problems Programming blank PIC for RevC HXC

Post by Jeff »

Try to use another power supply. And contact me directly by email for this : hxc2001 at hxc2001 dot com

LADelectronics

Re: Problems Programming blank PIC for RevC HXC

Post by LADelectronics »

Email sent. :)