HxCFloppyEmulator Software v2.5.5.1

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
schmitzi

HxCFloppyEmulator Software v2.5.5.1

Post by schmitzi »

Hi,

I am using this great tool for many years now, so there is a fundamental question for me:
As I have 2 fix subfolders on my PC for conversion of files,
every time I start the tool and click on "Batch Converter",
I have to enter (or navigate or copy/paste) my Source Directory AND my Target Directory.

This is very fiddly, and I did it about 2.557.838.246 times up to today, same steps every time :)
Is there any option to "pre-assign" this 2 fields, with my favorite and usual 2 folders ?

thanks

schmitzi

Re: HxCFloppyEmulator Software v2.5.5.1

Post by schmitzi »

bump

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

schmitzi wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:34 am
Hi,

I am using this great tool for many years now, so there is a fundamental question for me:
As I have 2 fix subfolders on my PC for conversion of files,
every time I start the tool and click on "Batch Converter",
I have to enter (or navigate or copy/paste) my Source Directory AND my Target Directory.

This is very fiddly, and I did it about 2.557.838.246 times up to today, same steps every time :)
Is there any option to "pre-assign" this 2 fields, with my favorite and usual 2 folders ?

thanks
Yes i can add this easily in the software. Please note that for the source you can directly drag&drop the images on the windows

schmitzi

Post by schmitzi »

ah OK. thanks
I´ve tried it, and when I drop a folder to the Batch Converter´s Source or Target Directory field,
it immediately flashes blue and green and says "Done". But I don´t know what was "done" :D
And the subdir is not shown like as text in the selection´s input field, or any other reaction.
( Edit: I cannot drop just images (.DSKs) to that field because I have massive directory structures to be converted)

Another request would be, maybe the last window position can be saved ?
At least, this makes much sense if you have 2 or more monitors.
It is a lot of clickery to positition the main program screen first, and then the Batch Convertes window second,
( I have to move them every time from Monitor #2 to Monitor #1 because they are obstacles on Monitor #2
I also wonder why the software selected my second monitor to feel at home there :mrgreen: )
And then, as described, I have to enter or copy and paste the Source and the Target directories.
I think, I did all these steps, moving 2 windows´ and copy and paste to subdirs about 1 million times...
Every time the same work. Maybe I need a copmuter to do that for me :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Do you know that there is a command line version of the hxc tool that you can use in some batch script to make some automated conversion ?

schmitzi

Post by schmitzi »

ah no, didn´t know. But I like the GUI ;) :mrgreen:

schmitzi

Post by schmitzi »

Jeff wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 am
Do you know that there is a command line version of the hxc tool that you can use in some batch script to make some automated conversion ?
Hi Jeff,

I´ve searched the manual (v2.2 / Dec. 2019) now for the CLI (Command Line Interface), but I do not find anything about it.
Where can I start ? Want to make a nice batch-file for my daily use ;)

thanks