HxC SD / HxC SD Slim OSD pins? HSYNC VSYNC?

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
svanderlaars

HxC SD / HxC SD Slim OSD pins? HSYNC VSYNC?

Post by svanderlaars »

Hi Guys,

Sorry for maybe pointing to the obvious, i've been through the Schematics and through the normal OSD Posts but could not find what i was looking for.

I know the Gotek allowes OSD through the HxC firmware, including HSYNC and VSYNC signals in case of lacking the CSYNC for Monochrome etc.

Is this possible with an HxC SD emulator as well? for asthetic reasons, i'd rather use an SD emulator in my design with the ability to use an on-screen display selector. Put pretty much every topic is for the Gotek option :-)

i know the SD Slim can drive an external LCD, so i'm taking a slight guess that the pins are there, i just can't figure out which ones to use for what...

Any Thoughts?

in case you are interested, i want to adapt the SD / SD Slim to emulate an 8" Wang Floppy drive for the Wang 2200 MVP (1976) with disk cabinet (holds 3 8" drives, 2 slots occupied 1 blank), and using an extra BNC Input cable to drive the OSD to the 12" Monochrome CRT (24x80) and maybe add a same style rotary knob to the terminal to select the floppy images.

I'm 1000% sure the firmware can be adjusted to emulate these drives, but it's easyer to hide an SD card in an 8" printed case that looks like the same drive, then have a USB sticking out somewhere. :) I have all the docs and floppy images i need to make it work, (thanks to wang2200.org for preserving it all) now i need the missing puzzle pieces

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC SD / HxC SD Slim OSD pins? HSYNC VSYNC?

Post by Jeff »

The current HxC SD / HxC Slim don't have the OSD support. Currently only the STM32 HxC firmware is supporting this.