Blue Edition

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
petersieg

Blue Edition

Post by petersieg »

@Jeff+Torlus: Fine!
@all: I could not withstand it.. I have now ordered a cpld programmer and 20 epm7128 are also on its way to me.. and since we are still missing a blue edition, I am planning to run another batch of 20 sets. A set consist of pcb and programmed cpld. Remaining parts and soldering will not be offered by me!
I hope, that I can offer a set even cheaper than the last time, for app. 17€+shipping.

See here:
http://www.forum64.de/wbb3/index.php?pa ... &pageNo=16

Peter
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Blue Edition

Post by Jeff »

petersieg wrote:@Jeff+Torlus: Fine!
@all: I could not withstand it.. I have now ordered a cpld programmer and 20 epm7128 are also on its way to me.. and since we are still missing a blue edition, I am planning to run another batch of 20 sets. A set consist of pcb and programmed cpld. Remaining parts and soldering will not be offered by me!
I hope, that I can offer a set even cheaper than the last time, for app. 17€+shipping.

See here:
http://www.forum64.de/wbb3/index.php?pa ... &pageNo=16

Peter
Cool! Do you want an announcement on the main page ?
tophe38

Post by tophe38 »

Hi,

Thanks for this good news.

Just a question :Any chance somebody would solder SMD part ? Or is it possible to replace them with through-hole technology components ?

Unfortunatly, i'm not sure a would solder smd components of the kit :-(

Regards,
Tophe
petersieg

Post by petersieg »

@Jeff: Why not.. but just sets - no soldering service!
@tophe38: You can not replace the smd parts! With the exception of the FT245, the other smd parts are easy to solder. Believe me, that was also my first smd project! Try to find someone around you, that might assist you with soldering the FT245 chip. Otherwise, I am planning to build 2 blue units for myself, but I have already two black units here working.. and I need anly two all together.. So I am willing to sell one complete black unit - due to legal issues only outside of germany - but I ask for the same price as the first batch was = 80€ (Material costs were app.45€ and at least I need 2-3 hours before it is soldered and tested). If you are interested send me a mail..

Peter
tophe38

Post by tophe38 »

Peter,

It's Ok for me, I send you an email.

Regards,
Tophe
Maitresinh

Post by Maitresinh »

i think i'm on the right thread this time (after 3 post)...

but i can send you an email, i do not know it, and you PM is disabled...
petersieg

Post by petersieg »

Hi. I am sorry for the moment.. all 20 sets of the blue edition are gone again in only app. 5 days.. ;-)

Since this edition, I will try to flash the cpld's myself.. I would like to first check that all goes well..

I am not sure, if I will run another one.. It's quite some work..

Peter
Maitresinh

Post by Maitresinh »

damn....
:(

i imagine it's a lot of work.

Anyway, i hope there will be someone to open an another batch...sure there is more people like me to feel it quickly...

i whish i could help it...
CrazyIcecap

Post by CrazyIcecap »

Would it be helpful if you were able to make the PCB by yourself?
Found an easy way for that, tried it yesterday with a small PCB.

http://thomaspfeifer.net/direct_toner_pcb.htm

Edit: Tried it with the Homebrew-PCB, took me about 20 Minutes.

Maitresinh

Post by Maitresinh »

20 min x 20 pcb = 400 min = about 6 hours (?)

again i whish could take a part ( this part) of the job but i'm a complete rookie in electronic ( i would not want to convert 20 into garbage) and on the other end, as i'm in france, postage would make the cost increase.

anyway, i have to try this homebrew methode, very interesting by the way.
CrazyIcecap

Post by CrazyIcecap »

LOL, forget the 20 min.
I am NEVER going to make a whole batch of PCBs by myself....i still have to drill the holes...think it would take about 1-2 hours. This was just to prove an easy way to make your own Homebrew-PCB. I am a rookie for this method, so this is really easy.
Maitresinh

Post by Maitresinh »

ok, why not, i could do it, that's right.

But when i've got the PCB, there is still a long, long, long way if i want to build it on my own, and alone !

And i have not material to flash nor any idea of electronic...

it's seems quite impossible i'm afraid ( or unrealistic) to make it all by myself, unless i'd time to learn electronic and buy a lot of material....
petersieg

Post by petersieg »

I have to cancel the blue edition!

The SLI CPLD's I have ordered are causing problems. I am not able to flash them!

"Error: JTAG ID Code specified in JEDEC STAPL Format File dies not match any valid JTAG ID codes for device"

According to google.. One possible cause could be, that someone has programmed the JTAG Pin's as I/O-Pins and therefore these chips can no longer be programmed with a JTAG programmer.

I will investigate further.. but right now my time is very limitted.. so blue edition is now completedly cancelled.

Since I was able to program a SLC CPLD, that I got with the Altera Eval. Board and this is running now fine inside the first blue edition.. I am planning on ordering a SLC Chip from segor (or similiar supplier) and will test that.. if it is successful.. I will offer a few (3-4) fully assembled and tested HxC USB blue editions for 80€ (due to legal issues only outside Germany).. With this, I will compensate my money loss with the SLI chips..

Sorry folks,
Peter[/u]
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

petersieg wrote:I have to cancel the blue edition!

The SLI CPLD's I have ordered are causing problems. I am not able to flash them!

"Error: JTAG ID Code specified in JEDEC STAPL Format File dies not match any valid JTAG ID codes for device"

According to google.. One possible cause could be, that someone has programmed the JTAG Pin's as I/O-Pins and therefore these chips can no longer be programmed with a JTAG programmer.

I will investigate further.. but right now my time is very limitted.. so blue edition is now completedly cancelled.

Since I was able to program a SLC CPLD, that I got with the Altera Eval. Board and this is running now fine inside the first blue edition.. I am planning on ordering a SLC Chip from segor (or similiar supplier) and will test that.. if it is successful.. I will offer a few (3-4) fully assembled and tested HxC USB blue editions for 80€ (due to legal issues only outside Germany).. With this, I will compensate my money loss with the SLI chips..

Sorry folks,
Peter[/u]
This error can be due to many cause (PC / Programmer / etc).
Send me some SLI devices, i will have a look!
petersieg

Post by petersieg »

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the offer to look at the SLI chips..

Yes I agree.. there are still some other error conditions.. and since I am quite new to cpld programming..

But I could programm a brand new slc type epm7128 chip, that came with the eval. board.. and this chip did contain some sort of test program.. now it works in a blue HxC pcb without any problem.. so I guess, the software and hardware I used for programming is working! Just the sli chips refuse to be reprogrammed.. I did try with 3 chips.. all the same error..

I have orderes another new slc chip from segor yesterday.. if I can programm this one also without problems.. leads me to point to the sli chips as the problem.. we will see..
Anyway.. if the new slc chips will work.. I can offer the blue edition - just with a higher price tag for a set (new slc = 20€ alone)... I just have 20 sli chips left, that are useless for me ;-)

I send the supplier an email and asked him to possible verify, if the jtag port has been disabled be the last program inside these sli chips..
If that would be the case, that would mean, NO ONE is EVER able to reprogram them via jtag.. It would need a master programmer to erase/reflash them.. if I unterstood everything right..

Peter