Not only to read but also write

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
UncleK

Not only to read but also write

Post by UncleK »

Greetings to all fans of this business.
Forgive, that I address to founders of this wonderful device in a forum, simply post correspondence with Jeff already for not clear reasons has broken more than month. And my question can appear much is interesting...
I have made standalone L'HxC Floppy Emulator version SDCARD. There were minor problems with initialization and an information conclusion on LCD, but as a whole the device works remarkably. At me two questions:
1. Whether it is possible to expect improvement of the device with possibility of record/formatting of an image of a diskette on the basis of PIC18F4525 or it will demand more powerful controller? If in this direction work is not conducted, advise please, what ways I could finish the device independently.
2. Whether it is possible, having refused a number of insignificant functions (signals SD_PRESENT, SD_WR_PROTECT or an information conclusion on LCD) to replace PIC18F4525 on PIC18F4550 for constant connection Floppy Emulator to the personal computer on USB for data exchange with SDcard.

Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Not only to read but also write

Post by Jeff »

Greetings to all fans of this business.
It's all but a business for me.
Forgive, that I address to founders of this wonderful device in a forum, simply post correspondence with Jeff already for not clear reasons has broken more than month. And my question can appear much is interesting...
I think i have already answered to these questions :
I have made standalone L'HxC Floppy Emulator version SDCARD. There were minor problems with initialization and an information conclusion on LCD, but as a whole the device works remarkably.
1. Whether it is possible to expect improvement of the device with possibility of record/formatting of an image of a diskette on the basis of PIC18F4525 or it will demand more powerful controller? If in this direction work is not conducted, advise please, what ways I could finish the device independently.
Formatting need more memory (to store a entire track). writing a sector at 250Kbits is ok. maybe not at 500Kbits .

2. Whether it is possible, having refused a number of insignificant functions (signals SD_PRESENT, SD_WR_PROTECT or an information conclusion on LCD) to replace PIC18F4525 on PIC18F4550 for constant connection Floppy Emulator to the personal computer on USB for data exchange with SDcard.
PIC18F4550 have not enough RAM.