Linux/Mac software for USB Floppy Emulator

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Nilquader

Linux/Mac software for USB Floppy Emulator

Post by Nilquader »

Hi,

i've just looked at the sources for the USB Floppy Emulator software and found some linux code. Is this already a usable version of ths image loader software for linux? Has anyone tried to use the floppy emulator software on linux? Does it support all types of floppy image files? (CPC6128/DSK will be the most important for me, of course!)

Are there any attemps on porting this software to Linux (or evenMac OS)?

Thanks,
Nilquader

CrazyIcecap

Post by CrazyIcecap »

Even more interesting: Is somebody able to port the software and driver to GP2X-Linux? :D

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Linux/Mac software for USB Floppy Emulator

Post by Jeff »

Nilquader wrote:Hi,

i've just looked at the sources for the USB Floppy Emulator software and found some linux code. Is this already a usable version of ths image loader software for linux? Has anyone tried to use the floppy emulator software on linux? Does it support all types of floppy image files? (CPC6128/DSK will be the most important for me, of course!)

Are there any attemps on porting this software to Linux (or evenMac OS)?

Thanks,
Nilquader
This an alpha version and it supports the same formats as the windows version (main code are the same for all versions).
It's working, but it's a command line only version.

CrazyIcecap

Post by CrazyIcecap »

Question....someone is going to port the software to ARM-Linux. But it seems there are some precompiled libs (like libftd2xx.a.0.4.13) which need to be replaced with ARM-compatible versions. OK, the CAPS stuff is something we are going to skip, but can you give us the needed informations for porting to ARM9? And: is USB 1.1 fast enough?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

CrazyIcecap wrote:Question....someone is going to port the software to ARM-Linux. But it seems there are some precompiled libs (like libftd2xx.a.0.4.13) which need to be replaced with ARM-compatible versions. OK, the CAPS stuff is something we are going to skip, but can you give us the needed informations for porting to ARM9? And: is USB 1.1 fast enough?
libftd2xx.a.0.4.13 is the ftdi library/driver and unfortunely there are no source available.

there are an open source ftdi library, but i need to do some modifications to use it: http://www.intra2net.com/de/produkte/opensource/ftdi/

CrazyIcecap

Post by CrazyIcecap »

Jeff wrote:, but i need to do some modifications to use it
Typo? Or are you really going to change it to that lib? That would be great :-)

I am actually organizing a new batch of PCB/CPLD-Kits.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

CrazyIcecap wrote:
Jeff wrote:, but i need to do some modifications to use it
Typo? Or are you really going to change it to that lib? That would be great :-)

I am actually organizing a new batch of PCB/CPLD-Kits.
yes i need to change the lib.

For the new batch you can make an announcement in a new thread.