HxCFloppyEmulator font size on Linux

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
frank128

HxCFloppyEmulator font size on Linux

Post by frank128 »

I want to use the HxCFloppyEmulator under Linux. I can start the HxCFloppyEmulator as a FlatPak package directly under Linux, but also as a Windows 64Bit EXE file under Wine. Unfortunately, I can not change the font size with either option, so that the app is practically unusable on modern big 4K screens.

With Wine, you can normally easy scale the screen resolution of a Windows App running on Wine via winecfg (dpi parameter). HxCFloppyEmulator is the first Windows app where this obviously doesn't work. But even under Linux, the Flatpak app HxCFloppyEmulator cannot be persuaded to change the font size via Flatseal (GDK_DPI_SCALE,GDK_SCALE).

What do you have to consider?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxCFloppyEmulator font size on Linux

Post by Jeff »

frank128 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:02 am
I want to use the HxCFloppyEmulator under Linux. I can start the HxCFloppyEmulator as a FlatPak package directly under Linux, but also as a Windows 64Bit EXE file under Wine. Unfortunately, I can not change the font size with either option, so that the app is practically unusable on modern big 4K screens.

With Wine, you can normally easy scale the screen resolution of a Windows App running on Wine via winecfg (dpi parameter). HxCFloppyEmulator is the first Windows app where this obviously doesn't work. But even under Linux, the Flatpak app HxCFloppyEmulator cannot be persuaded to change the font size via Flatseal (GDK_DPI_SCALE,GDK_SCALE).

What do you have to consider?
Which font/text are you talking about ?

frank128

Post by frank128 »

Users with large screens (above 27 inch) usually scale their desktop (independent from text or grafic), otherwise they cannot read the menus and texts due to the tiny size. Some can be enlarged in Linux using the Windows Manager (Monitor Settings) , or even offer options to adjust the text size of the application.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

frank128 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:19 pm
Users with large screens (above 27 inch) usually scale their desktop (independent from text or grafic), otherwise they cannot read the menus and texts due to the tiny size. Some can be enlarged in Linux using the Windows Manager (Monitor Settings) , or even offer options to adjust the text size of the application.
ok but which font/text are you talking about ? The font on the main window or the track viewer ?

frank128

Post by frank128 »

in the main window and the track viewer !
hxc-1.jpg
hxc-1.jpg (96.62 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Attachments
hxc-2.jpg
hxc-2.jpg (234.77 KiB) Viewed 1646 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

frank128 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:16 pm
in the main window and the track viewer !
hxc-1.jpg
If you link the software against FLTK 1.4.x you can zoom all windows with the CTRL + '+' and CTRL + '0' keys.

you can build the software with the FLTK 1.4.x with the "FLTK1_4=1" flag :

make FLTK1_4=1

https://github.com/jfdelnero/HxCFloppyEmulator