U100LQD Display issue

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
quantum8

U100LQD Display issue

Post by quantum8 »

I've just flashed a black U100LQD with the latest v5.0.0.7a firmware and having an issue with the drive.
If i start the drive up with USB inserted, the display is blank and the unit is non responsive, when booting without the USB, it shows the firmware version as usual before going to the "no USB inserted" message, but the problem now is that the display isn't solid; the text flickers and jumps up and down and looks like it's redrawing a few pixels higher, refreshing and drawing a few pixles lower multiple times per second.

Connecting the USB stick in and nothing changes, it just keeps the flickering no USB message so it appears that the unit has crashed.

I downgraded to version 5.0.0.5a just in case it was an issue but this persists on that version too.

I'm wondering if I can attempt to reflash from the beginning (bootloader) and try the process again and can I use the original exchange.bin to re-enable the HxC firmware again fully? Or do I have to contact the author to re-enable the drive after reflashing?

quantum8

Re: U100LQD Display issue

Post by quantum8 »

Fixed the issue. It appeared to be a loose connection internally on a header. Re-seated and the display and functionality is as it should be.