Creating Kaypro CP/M Disk Images

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
warPlanner

Creating Kaypro CP/M Disk Images

Post by warPlanner »

I am currently able to use the HxC software to create .hfe file images and move them to a thumb drive. However, it only seems to convert the .IMD or .TD0 disk images. The problem is that, at this stage, I am the mercy of the .imd or .td0 disk image files as they come from the archive sites. I can't make up my own "mix" as it were.

The DOS Disk Browser does not seem to allow me to specify or pick up images and, following other threads here, I cannot seem to build a disk of Kaypro CP/M file images to create a .hfe file.

I apologize for shotgunning such a general question but can the HxC actually do what I want to do? And If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Creating Kaypro CP/M Disk Images

Post by Jeff »

Both IMD and TD0 images can be converted to HFE with the hxc software. just drag & drop them on the main window and export them to hfe.

warPlanner

Re: Creating Kaypro CP/M Disk Images

Post by warPlanner »

Jeff,

Thank you. I understand that. But in the Windows 7 environment I described, how does one combine the native Kaypro CP/M files and combine them into .IMD or .TD0 files?

By the way, as background, I have reviewed your and Olipix's thread - particularly the specifics on using your software to format the Kaypro DSDD blank diskette - if you wish to refer to that. I attempted to use the DOS browser to add files to to the empty definition you described but was unsuccessful.

By the way, is the format/layout of the .hfe file proprietary? Is there a file specification available to the public? (Just thought I'd ask.)

Appreciate your help greatly!

WP