SA800 CP/M .hfe creation help please!

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
mikejstb

SA800 CP/M .hfe creation help please!

Post by mikejstb »

I have a Xerox 820 with two SA800 8" floppies. I've made a cable adapter so I can plug a Gotek in place of the A drive while leaving B connected. All is well & I can boot an.hfe file that someone made for me. All is good, I can copy back and forth between A & B etc.
Now I want to get some new files into this system...
I either need to be able to create a custom definition (77 tracks, 26 sec/track, 128 byte sectors, SSSD FM) and add files to it,or I I could add files to the existing booting .hfe file that's OK too. Although I think being able to create my own image files would be best.
So far I can't make any progress.
The Load RAW Image seems to be the right step, but the Disk Browser where I thought I could add files only seems to be happy with DOS type formats and gives an error when I try it.

I keep thinking this should be fairly simple but so far nothing is working.

My work system is Windows 10 & I also have Linux available in case there are some other tools I need.

Thanks in advance - Mike

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SA800 CP/M .hfe creation help please!

Post by Jeff »

Use cpmtools to create/edit/access a cp/m dsk image and once done convert it with the hxc software to hfe.

http://www.moria.de/~michael/cpmtools/

mikejstb

Post by mikejstb »

Thanks Jeff, I was able to do it!
I had a struggle with the cpmtools syntax but found a few examples that got me going.
Thanks again for your help

mikejstb

Post by mikejstb »

I also found a Windows GUI version of CP/M tools.
It seems to handy to drag & drop files into images