Can't Create SCP File Properly

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
toml_12953

Can't Create SCP File Properly

Post by toml_12953 »

I'm trying to create an SCP (SuperCard Pro) image from either a DSK or DMK image of Tandy's Model 4 CP/M Plus using HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.22.3.
The result only shows 19 tracks when there are actually 40 on the disk. The SCP software can't create a good disk from the output of HxC. Since SCP doesn't care about format and just writes flux transitions, I suspect the problem is with HxC. On the original disk, track 0 is 18 sectors of 256 bytes and the rest of the tracks are 8 sectors of 512 bytes if that matters.

Incidentally, HxC can produce an IMD image that can be used successfully with ImageDisk to create a physical floppy disk. I can supply a DSK or DMK image if you'd care to test SCP image production.

Tom L

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Can't Create SCP File Properly

Post by Jeff »

toml_12953 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:54 pm
I'm trying to create an SCP (SuperCard Pro) image from either a DSK or DMK image of Tandy's Model 4 CP/M Plus using HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.22.3.
The result only shows 19 tracks when there are actually 40 on the disk. The SCP software can't create a good disk from the output of HxC. Since SCP doesn't care about format and just writes flux transitions, I suspect the problem is with HxC. On the original disk, track 0 is 18 sectors of 256 bytes and the rest of the tracks are 8 sectors of 512 bytes if that matters.

Incidentally, HxC can produce an IMD image that can be used successfully with ImageDisk to create a physical floppy disk. I can supply a DSK or DMK image if you'd care to test SCP image production.

Tom L
Some images to share to reproduce the issue ?