Conversion of .SCP (Preservation File) of CP/M 2.2 Floppy's

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
ldkraemer

Conversion of .SCP (Preservation File) of CP/M 2.2 Floppy's

Post by ldkraemer »

Jeff,
I've purchased a SuperCard Pro, and I've made a few .SCP Files (Preservation) of Kaypro II SSDD 48 TPI Floppy's
in Kaypro II CP/M Format. (The SuperCard Pro also makes Copies of Floppy's, but I want to store images (.SCP) on
DVD's for access in the future.) The problem I have is the .SCP can't be converted, or written back to floppy
with the current SuperCard Pro (Windows) Software. Jim Drew states to use SAMdisk or the HxC Software to
make the conversion.

I'd previously installed your Software in Linux (Debian) and I've verified that the HxC Software accepts .SCP file
types for input.
SCP_FLUX_STREAM (RW) : SCP Stream Loader (*.scp)
What types of output file format would you suggest to be best to convert the .SCP's to, so I can write those
converted images back to DSDD floppy's. I don't find a Format for IMD in the -help screens, or in the
flopimage_convert.exe software.

I've tried SAMdisk to convert to .IMD format, and then tried IMD (ImageDisk Ver 1.18) to create a Boot Floppy
but nothing I do makes a Bootable CP/M floppy from a .SCP file. I can make a bootable CP/M Floppy using IMD,
but I'd like to be able to use the .SCP files if possible, especially since I purchased the SuperCard Pro. (It's a very
nice package, with easy to use Software. It just needs to be able to convert .SCP to a .IMD file for IMD.)

Do you have suggestions that I can try with the HxC Software to make backups of the following CP/M system Floppys?
Kaypro II SSDS 48 TPI, Kaypro IV DSDD 48 TPI, Ampro (Z80 Little Board) DSDD 48 TPI, TRS-80 Model 4 CP/M DSDD 48 TPI

Thanks.

Larry

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Conversion of .SCP (Preservation File) of CP/M 2.2 Flopp

Post by Jeff »

Please share your SCP file(s). This may help to see what is going on.

Note : IMD IS supported read&write by the software!