HxC SD floppy emulator works with X68000 CompactXVI

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC SD floppy emulator works with X68000 CompactXVI

Post by Jeff »

caius wrote: OK.I see you emulated all the extra X68000 signal and not only the most important (INT and DISK IN).Like other solutions also the yours will requires to activate a switch to notify the insertion/eject of a disk/disk image.
The DISK_PRESENCE_STATUS signal is an input to know if a disk is inserted into the drive or not. This will come directly from the presence detector switch of the drive. By this way, no need to push any button ;).

caius

Post by caius »

Jeff wrote:

The DISK_PRESENCE_STATUS signal is an input to know if a disk is inserted into the drive or not. This will come directly from the presence detector switch of the drive. By this way, no need to push any button ;).
OK.I guess this will work also on HxC emulator which, obviously, has no mechanical switch.Will you use some signal from HxC MCU to notify the PIC about the insertion of a disk image file?

P.S.
Actually in my previous message I was referring to the 'Insert/Eject Button' I can see on your schematics.

caius

Post by caius »

Jeff wrote:
caius wrote: The DISK_PRESENCE_STATUS signal is an input to know if a disk is inserted into the drive or not. This will come directly from the presence detector switch of the drive. By this way, no need to push any button ;).
Jeff, any news about X68000 full support?

SkyeWelse

Post by SkyeWelse »

Hi Jeff,

Like Caius, I am also quite interested in whether there are still plans to support X68000 disk images for HxC. I have one on order soon (Standard XVI model) that I can test with if you would like to have a tester, (only it's with a Gotek running your HxC firmware, thanks very much for offering that as a solution by the way!) and I'm sure Caius would offer the same testing support. If I'm not mistaken, he has real HxCs not Goteks like I do.

I think what makes this a desirable format for us is that these computers for the most part except for the rare "CompactXVI" series are typically huge Twin Tower machines with dual 5.25" drives. It's rather difficult in this day and age to write anything to a 5.25" floppy so a FDD emulator solution would be incredibly useful to have.

Thanks for reading and thanks again for what you do! I'm really enjoying being able to use these for PC-98 machines.

-Thomas

chris_jh123

Post by chris_jh123 »

Hi All,

I have recently got a X68000 Compact and also a Pro and trying to figure out what is required to use the HxC.

Looking through most of the posts in this forum, is this the latest schematic for the addition board required to make it work correctly?

download/file.php?id=754

Also is the PIC firmware anywhere?

I currently have the SD Card HxC is this the correct version to use with the X68000 ? or do i need the Slim SD Card HxC ( is this the new fpga version )

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Chris

chris_jh123

Post by chris_jh123 »

Hi All,

I have wired up the HxC to my X68000 Pro to check what it does without this board and i can see some games do load okay, but others you have to wait on track 4 for it to time out waiting for the additional signals.

I know Jeff you are probably pretty busy, but can you point me in the right direction for getting the pic firmware or is there another HxC on the horizon that solves this issues with running it on an X68000 ?

Regards

Chris

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

chris_jh123 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm
Hi All,

I have wired up the HxC to my X68000 Pro to check what it does without this board and i can see some games do load okay, but others you have to wait on track 4 for it to time out waiting for the additional signals.

I know Jeff you are probably pretty busy, but can you point me in the right direction for getting the pic firmware or is there another HxC on the horizon that solves this issues with running it on an X68000 ?

Regards

Chris
some switches to generate some interrupts and io state can be used as workaround.