Sharp X1 Support

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
famiac

Re: Sharp X1 Support

Post by famiac »

Bump

Does anybody know the pinout for the Sharp X1 edge connector?

amigo-mexicano

Post by amigo-mexicano »

Hello Rink, do you still have by any chance, your adaptor boards for sale? I tried sending you an email to the address posted here but it bounced back with the "mailbox unavailable" error.

Let me know, please.

Thanks!

amigo-mexicano

Post by amigo-mexicano »

Rink wrote:
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:51 am
The HxC units work pretty well with the X1's that have 5.25" floppy drives. I don't think I did anything unusual to get it working - except for making an adapter board so that I could connect a 40-pin IDE cable between the X1's edge-connector and the HxC slim.
Hello Rink, your email bounces back. It's possible that you can share the details (diagram) on how to make this board, please?

Thanks in advance!

ring

Post by ring »

Rink wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 pm
Ok folks, here's where I'm at.

I've wired up an HxC Slim to the second drive connector in an X1 Twin, through a custom-made (I had some PCBs made) edge connector to idc adapter - and after some initial faffing around with pin alignments, I think all is well there.

Put in a 4GB SDHC card with the same file as DSKA0000.HFE and DSKB0000.HFE.

I could use a little advice at this point because things aren't quite working.

With ID0A set on and everything off, the LED on the HxC stops flashing and goes solid whenever the X1 tries to access ANY drive number. The first drive still functions, but when I try to boot from the second drive (the emulator), it doesn't work. No sign of an problems - the X1 detects nothing to boot and stops. After a few seconds, the HxC's LED starts flashing again. Same happens with only ID0B set.

With ID1A or ID1B set, nothing happens at all. The HxC LED keeps flashing.

With ID2A set, the light flashes until the X1 tries to access the second drive, at which point is goes solid. This doesn't happen when accessing the first drive. Looks promising. Unfortunately, still nothing loads. Same with ID2B for how to measure ring size.

With only ID3A or ID3B set, the HxC light only stops flashing when accessing the first drive.

So it looks like the best so far is using ID1A or ID1B. I've never used an HxC before so can anyone tell me if this sounds like the correct behaviour? Maybe there's something wrong with the files on the SDcard but I can't really think how best to proceed at this stage.

Cheers.
You need to create a config file enabling indexed mode :wink: