Emulator on Yamaha Clavinova

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
DanielDOC

Re: Emulator on Yamaha Clavinova

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:57 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:34 pm
Jeff wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:02 pm
You probably need to check the interface mode : you should set it to shugart mode.
Always be in shugart mode : (
Are you sure that you have updated the firmware with the non gated version ? Is the version code on the gotek matching with the latest firmware version ?
Yes and Yes

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 pm
Jeff wrote:
DanielDOC wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Always be in shugart mode : (
Are you sure that you have updated the firmware with the non gated version ? Is the version code on the gotek matching with the latest firmware version ?
Yes and Yes
- try this : change the image, remove the stick,wait 5 seconds, insert the stick. No disk change detection ?

- try to play the with interface mode menu. remove the stick, press both buttons to enter the embedded menu, select "interface cfg". try the shugart, pc hd, pc dd , s950 modes.

would be good too to check if there is no issue with your gotek with the diagnostic firmware.

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:37 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 pm
Jeff wrote:

Yes and Yes
- try this : change the image, remove the stick,wait 5 seconds, insert the stick. No disk change detection ?

- try to play the with interface mode menu. remove the stick, press both buttons to enter the embedded menu, select "interface cfg". try the shugart, pc hd, pc dd , s950 modes.

would be good too to check if there is no issue with your gotek with the diagnostic firmware.
Both with same result: sometimes not recognised one disk. Changing again from "not detected" disk to another causes the same: sometimes is recognised, sometimes no...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:23 pm
Both with same result: sometimes not recognised one disk. Changing again from "not detected" disk to another causes the same: sometimes is recognised, sometimes no...
This is an important information for me. So you mean that sometimes the disk change is detected ?

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
This is an important information for me. So you mean that sometimes the disk change is detected ?
Yes, it is sometimes. Both "Disk Orchestra Collection" or a disk created by me via .mid to .evt. There is not a regular pattern.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:44 pm
Jeff wrote:
DanielDOC wrote:
Yes, it is sometimes. Both "Disk Orchestra Collection" or a disk created by me via .mid to .evt. There is not a regular pattern.
Can you try the atari st interface mode and a "long" eject/insert (remove the stick wait 3 seconds, reinsert it)

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:09 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:44 pm
Jeff wrote:

Can you try the atari st interface mode and a "long" eject/insert (remove the stick wait 3 seconds, reinsert it)
Atari ST on both HFE file interface mode and SD HxC emulator interface setting + custom firmware with "non gated version" = not charge. 063/080 freezes at loading a disk.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 pm
Atari ST on both HFE file interface mode..
stop. What do you mean "on both HFE file interface mode.." ? You don't use the internal menu ?

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 am
DanielDOC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 pm
Atari ST on both HFE file interface mode..
stop. What do you mean "on both HFE file interface mode.." ? You don't use the internal menu ?
I use HXCSDFE.CFG saved in the USB. In the custom firmware I had only modified "non gated version"; after flashed, the rest of configuration is via HXCSDFE.CFG file.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

have you an lcd/oled screen on this gotek ?

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:53 pm
Yes, an OLED

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:00 pm
Jeff wrote:
Yes, an OLED
Ok then remove completely the config file and use the embedded menu instead.

To access to the menu press both buttons without usb stick inserted.
The submenu you want to use is "interface cfg".
You can try different settings in this menu.

The custom settings for the pin02 and pin34 may be interesting. Pin 34 should be set to nReady and the pin 02 is the famous disk change signal. what you can try is to set to "High" and connect a wire to this signal and another one to the vss/gnd. When you connect these wires the machine "see" a disk-change event. Can you try this ? Have you a multimeter to make some measurements ?

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:28 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Yes, an OLED

The custom settings for the pin02 and pin34 may be interesting. Pin 34 should be set to nReady and the pin 02 is the famous disk change signal. what you can try is to set to "High" and connect a wire to this signal and another one to the vss/gnd. When you connect these wires the machine "see" a disk-change event. Can you try this ? Have you a multimeter to make some measurements ?
Custom settings done. "interface cfg" done. I can do measurements, I have a multimeter, but i can't understand where is High signal point. Can you explain easier for me, please?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:00 pm
Jeff wrote:
DanielDOC wrote:

Yes, an OLED

Custom settings done. "interface cfg" done. I can do measurements, I have a multimeter, but i can't understand where is High signal point. Can you explain easier for me, please?
Jeff wrote:
you can try is to set to "High"
I mean : in the interface cfg -> custom ->pin 02 -> set it to "High".

Below you can see where is the pin 2 :
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (27.12 KiB) Viewed 20675 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

There is maybe a custom setting to try before playing with the wire :

- Pin 02: nDiskChange 1 (Head step only to clear it)
- Pin 34: nReady