Emulator on Yamaha Clavinova

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emulator on Yamaha Clavinova

Post by Jeff »

In the menu 1 please try the S950 and IBM PC DD and HD modes !

circark

Post by circark »

Jeff wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:11 am
In the menu 1 please try the S950 and IBM PC DD and HD modes !
I tried every options in Menu 1 and have some interesting behaviour :

Menu 1 - Interface mode

00 = AUTO (DEFAULT) ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

01 = IBM PC DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

02 = IBM PC HD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

03 = ATARI ST DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

04 = ATARI ST HD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

05 = AMIGA DD --->('0 0 0' on the Gotek - The keyboard screen ask to format the USB-Stick and i got an ERROR ER1 when i validate with "Yes" the formating - USB-Stick is blinking)

06 = AMIGA HD --->('0 0 0' on the Gotek - The keyboard screen ask to format the USB-Stick and i got an ERROR ER2 when i validate with "Yes" the formating - USB-Stick is blinking)

07 = CPC DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

08 = GENERIC SHUGART DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

09 = IBMPC ED --->('0 0 0' on the Gotek - The keyboard screen ask to format the USB-Stick and i got an ERROR ER2 when i validate with "Yes" the formating - USB-Stick is blinking)

0A = MSX2 DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

0B = C64 DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

0C = EMU SHUGART ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

0D = S950 DD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

0E = S950 HD ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

0F = S900/S950 (Density Auto) ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

10 = PC DD/HD (Density Auto) ---> no reaction ('0 0 0' on the Gotek - no reaction from keyboard screen - USB-Stick is blinking)

I was able to reproduce the errors each time in mode 5, 6 and 9.

In the keyboard's manual, I found this:
Error code Er1 : Disk read or write error (e.g. unformatted disk)
Error code Er2 : Disk write-protected

The USB Stick ist formated as FAT using "HxCFloppyEmulator_DosDiskBrowser" and an DSKA0000.HFE image.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Try this :

https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/

Set "Non gated mode" and request a new firmware. Once received update your gotek.

circark

Post by circark »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:10 am
Try this :

Set "Non gated mode" and request a new firmware. Once received update your gotek.
Ok thanks @Jeff, I went on this website, let every default values as they are and just checked "Non gated mode" and ordered the firmware.

Keep you posted on the process.

circark

Post by circark »

circark wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:26 pm
Jeff wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:10 am
Try this :

Ok thanks @Jeff, I went on this website, let every default values as they are and just checked "Non gated mode" and ordered the firmware.

Keep you posted on the process.
Ok, so I just received the firmware, flashed it on the GOTEK.

There is now a new behaviour from the GOTEK and the keyboard: when I power up the keyboard with USB-Stick (with a floppy image on it), i have this sequence:
- hXc on the GOTEK and the USB-Stick light is not blinking anymore, that mean that the GOTEK is "reading" something
- the GOTEK display "0 0 0" (as usual)
- the keybard screen is empty/black (as usual)
- the keyboard screen display "For" for "Format", for a fraction of second (I was able to read it by filming it in slow motion with my phone). :idea: this is new
- the keyboard screen is empty/black again and the USB-Stick is now flashing (as usual)

I tried to use the Format-Button on the keyboard but I don't have any feedback.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Are you sure that you are using an DD image ?

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Hello @Jeff

I'm here again, with latest firmware 5.0.0.7a on CVP-55.

I have USB pendrive whit shugart HXCSDFE.CFG file that you upload for me on 2019. It doesn't works well, because when I power up Clavinova with pendrive inserted (of I insert it with Clavinova powered up) it doesn't charge the latest disk selected. I have to move one disk down or up to get it to work.

What it's the best configuration for Clavinova CVP-55/65/75 series? Can you explain it via CFG file or directly hardware selection options?

Thanks a lot!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Try to generate a new firmware with the "Non gated mode" option enabled :

you may also need to try both S0 and S1 jumper settings.

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:35 pm
Try to generate a new firmware with the "Non gated mode" option enabled :

you may also need to try both S0 and S1 jumper settings.
I made it, but same issue.
I think we had this issue long time ago, lately was fixed, and now it comes again.
Can I do something more to fix it?
Thanks!

EDIT - SOLVED!!!

I downgraded to HxCFEUSB_V3_3_8_14a.UPD that you made for Clavinova after a lot of test, I put it on USB HXCSDFE.CFG custom file that you sended me on 2019. All working again. Then update to 5.0.1.1a and works like a charm!
Very happy!