HxC red LCD option, and a Prophet 2000 question?

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
dr funk

HxC red LCD option, and a Prophet 2000 question?

Post by dr funk »

I would like to purchase a HxC SD for my Prophet 2000 sampler. Firstly, is it possible to order the HxC with a red LCD (red text on dark background) or is blue the only option? If blue is the only option, can I order the HxC without an LCD, and get my own LCD separately? And if this is the case, what is the required spec of the LCD for compatibility with the HxC?

Also, I would have to mount the LCD and buttons remotely. I believe this can be done by connecting to J2 - is this correct? Can the existing buttons be left where they are on the PCB, while the new buttons are also connected?

And finally, is the HxC Prophet 2000 compatibility read-only, or is write also supported? It would be essential for me to be able to save new samples to SD cards if I am going to remove the original floppy drive.

Cheers
Frank

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC red LCD option, and a Prophet 2000 question?

Post by Jeff »

dr funk wrote:I would like to purchase a HxC SD for my Prophet 2000 sampler. Firstly, is it possible to order the HxC with a red LCD (red text on dark background) or is blue the only option? If blue is the only option, can I order the HxC without an LCD, and get my own LCD separately? And if this is the case, what is the required spec of the LCD for compatibility with the HxC?
I recommend you to contact directly Lotharek for this question:
http://www.lotharek.pl/
dr funk wrote: Also, I would have to mount the LCD and buttons remotely. I believe this can be done by connecting to J2 - is this correct?
Yes exactly. Pinout in the user manual.

dr funk wrote: Can the existing buttons be left where they are on the PCB, while the new buttons are also connected?
Yes.
dr funk wrote: And finally, is the HxC Prophet 2000 compatibility read-only, or is write also supported? It would be essential for me to be able to save new samples to SD cards if I am going to remove the original floppy drive.
Read & Write support!

dr funk

Post by dr funk »

That's fantastic Jeff - thanks a million! And well done on the Prophet 2000 support! :D

Cheers
Frank

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

Customisation of colour of lcd in not availabale at the moment..

Maybe in fututure....
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

Studiotools

Post by Studiotools »

dr funk wrote:That's fantastic Jeff - thanks a million! And well done on the Prophet 2000 support! :D
Yes, I also think this whole HxC project is fantastic, thanks Jeff !!

I have my Prophet 2000 now running with the HxC - with read and write support.

At the current state of firmware you should buy a fast SD-Card, on my HxC board a class 6 cards works good, a class 4 card seems to be to slow in writing mode. I now have ordered a class 10 card, perhaps it will work even better.
The issue is, that I need many verifies and double check, if the written data is correct to be sure of no data-loss. You should use the Prophet's compare-function on your first tries.

Best Regards,
Thorsten

Studiotools

Post by Studiotools »

I now tested with the Class10 card and reading and writing works good. So go for a fast SD Card.

Does anybody like to share Prophet 2000 images?