Technics PR603M Digital Piano -- compatible?

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
IronRod

Technics PR603M Digital Piano -- compatible?

Post by IronRod »

I have a Technics PR603M digital piano. It has a 3.5" floppy drive (1.44MB/720K) that I would like to replace with something like your emulator that replaces the floppy with an SD card.

I've seen the Gotek USB floppy replacements that facilitate using a specially formatted USB drive to emulate multiple floppies and you switch between each "floppy" using front panel buttons. But I'd prefer a solution where a single SD card replaces a single floppy and the SD is just recognized as larger media without having to partition into multiple floppy images.

Can your emulator fulfill this request? Or does it, also, require specially formatting the SD card?

Image of Technics PR603M (https://www.davidduggleby.com/files/ima ... e8939b.jpg

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Technics PR603M Digital Piano -- compatible?

Post by Jeff »

Unfortunately the machine generally doesn't support large "partitions". If you want to use the full stick capacity you need to have multiples partitions/images.

IronRod

Re: Technics PR603M Digital Piano -- compatible?

Post by IronRod »

@Jeff - Thanks. That's what I expected. I figured the operating system would have to be able to account for larger partitions and lacking a firmware upgrade that didn't seem likely.